When Radiator Fans Start, FI turn on and Fans will not go off.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Hi Guys,

Would like to ask the gurus down at this forum for some advise. I recently discovered recently on my 2004 Pan European bike which is giving me some headaches. The radiator fan will turn on during mid ride followed by the FI indicator. Once the FI indicator is on, the radiator fans will not turn off unless I switch off the bike.

What could be the likely cause if this problem.

By the way I am from Singapore.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Is the cooling system full? What error code are you getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
No error code. Just that the FI light ios on and the fans will not go off. Anyway, the cooling system is full.
Very strange, the FI light usually indicates an error code has been stored. I assume you followed the procedure in the service manual to extract the codes using the red diagnostic plug under the passenger seat?

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
It's also possible that the ECM doesn't want the FI light on, but current is flowing to it because of a ground that went south.

That the light and the fans go on at the same time is telling.

--Mark

Bike
09 ST1300
Double check for a stored code. I would think that a problem with the coolant temp sensor/circuit would result in ecm defaulting to run rad fans due to no plausible temp input.

Bike
R1200rt
Double check for a stored code. I would think that a problem with the coolant temp sensor/circuit would result in ecm defaulting to run rad fans due to no plausible temp input.
a Honda car will do the same thing.. plus 1 temp sensor

OP
OP
thomas28
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Very strange, the FI light usually indicates an error code has been stored. I assume you followed the procedure in the service manual to extract the codes using the red diagnostic plug under the passenger seat?
Yes, I did. But there were no error codes recorded.

OP
OP
thomas28
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Ok. Thanks for the advise. Will check the temp sensor.

Top Bottom