Help please, Lost my keys to my 1991 honda st1100. Where do I find the KeyCode

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
No need to pull the ignition switch, Bob. You said the last three digits off the barrel of your fuel filler door lock were "B14." Call that Honda dealer with that code and your credit card and ask when you can pick it up. They may need to order the correct version of key blank. Between Don's post (#5 above) and the AOW link I posted you have all the info you need. FWIW

John

Last edited:
OP
OP
robertp039
Bike
Honda ST1100
Hello John and everyone else who helped me,

I am VERY HAPPY to report that I now have 3 working Keys. A big shout out to the locksmith I used Oil Region LockSmiths who took the time and effort to figure out my problem. First of all he came to my house and worked on it about 45 mins trying to cut me a key with the information I incorrectly gave him. After 45 mins of non-working keys we pulled the lock from my gas tank cover. He then took the lock to the shop and came back the next day with a working key. I asked him how much do I owe him and he told me it was on the house because it was a learning experience for him. I insisted on giving him 20 dollars and after going back and forth he did at least take that. Sooooo..... If anyone like me Loses their keys I hope you read this and save yourself some trouble and headaches not to mention saving a lot of cash. The first thing you need to do is carefully pry open your gas cover by prying up the end towards the back wheel. Its not hard to get it open and you should not do any damage either. The second thing you do it remove the lock by pulling out the clip that holds it in at the top. Again this is very easy to do as well. Now, the Third thing you need to do is look on the side of the lock for the Key Code. You only need the last 3 figures which start with a letter which could be an A, B, C, or D. and the last two numbers which I believe range from 1-99. When you have this information I think the best and most cost effective way to do this is through E-Bay. I used a guy named Terry Vincent just to see if they would get my key right. I already had 2 working keys at this point but wanted to know if by just paying $7 you could get a working key in just a couple days. I'm happy to report that I got my today in the mail and it worked like a charm. You could like John said just take the code to your Honda dealer and have them make a key as well. I think they are under $10 but they Have to have a key machine. I called several dealers and Most do not have them. I had one place in New Castle PA who wanted to come out to me instead of cutting a key with the code (which I'm sure knew that it would work) and make the key right there for me. That would be nice but it was going to cost me $225 dollars! NO WAY! Here is who I used on E-bay who was a pleasure to deal with. His name is Terry Vincent and his number is 806.759.2553 and you can text him your information. Sooo.... Again thanks to this group and the great help I received from you guys, I will be riding this Sat. on my new to me ST1100. The Temp is going to be near 60 with sun! Can't wait!!!

Thanks again...

Bob

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Hey Bob, thanks for the write-up. Will really help "when" I lose my keys! ;)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I called several dealers and Most do not have them.
This has been my experience as well but I only tried the dealers near me.

robertp039 said:
Here is who I used on E-bay who was a pleasure to deal with. His name is Terry Vincent and his number is 806.759.2553 and you can text him your information.
Thanks for that info. Two questions- do you have a link for his eBay site and 2) what key blank did he use- Ilco? Steel I hope.

Thanks for all the info and glad it all worked out for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robertp039
Bike
Honda ST1100
Your welcome I hope this can help someone down the road. But the credit goes to the others who steered me in the correct direction.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I have a lost key issue with my 2003 ST1300. I tried getting the gas to open with no success. Unscrewed all of the allen screws on the outer ring and tried prying the gas cap up. But it will not move. Does that only work if the gas cap lock is not locked? Can it be opened if it is locked?

I then drilled a hole into the left side locked glove box and removed the lock cylinder. The is "2MC" stamped on the bottom of the lock and "G00-A" stamped on the side of the lock. I called the ebay locksmith mentioned in this thread and he said the neither code was correct.

So, I need a plan B to either remove the gas lock or the ignition lock. Unless someone knows if either of the numbers on the glove box lock would work?

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
You will damage the tank and or lock if you try to remove the cap, as the key MUST be turned to retract both the LARGE bolts that lock under the edge of the tank itself!
If you remove the left side pannel (by fuses) you may be able to see the (2) screws that hold the flip up part that houses the saddlebag release lock. Maybe these may have a code on them? Not sure.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
On the 1300's. There are 8 cuts on the ignition key. All 8 cuts are needed for it to work. The Fuel door, glove box and side bags only use the 4 cuts from the tip of the key. Those that have made the shorty keys to keep in these locks never have to worry about them being used in the ignition. They are missing half of the cuts and too short to go into the ignition.

That being said, I imagine you will need to get the code from the switch or the metal tab that I got with my keys that has the bit code on it. It is 8 numbers containing the digits 1,2 or 3. Like 12332112.

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #
When I first got my ST it came with 1 key, typical in a used vehicle purchase. I read a lot on this forum about the bike to see what kind of things I should look for, maintenance issues, farkles, whatever. I came across a random post talking about losing keys much like this one. One post stuck with me about having a extra keys made and hide one on the bike (cough cough, duct tape, inside mirror housing, cough cough). Saved me once, good advice.
There are plenty of places on the bike to hide one if needed.

Hello John and everyone else who helped me,

I am VERY HAPPY to report that I now have 3 working Keys. A big shout out to the locksmith I used Oil Region LockSmiths who took the time and effort to figure out my problem. First of all he came to my house and worked on it about 45 mins trying to cut me a key with the information I incorrectly gave him. After 45 mins of non-working keys we pulled the lock from my gas tank cover. He then took the lock to the shop and came back the next day with a working key. I asked him how much do I owe him and he told me it was on the house because it was a learning experience for him. I insisted on giving him 20 dollars and after going back and forth he did at least take that. Sooooo..... If anyone like me Loses their keys I hope you read this and save yourself some trouble and headaches not to mention saving a lot of cash. The first thing you need to do is carefully pry open your gas cover by prying up the end towards the back wheel. Its not hard to get it open and you should not do any damage either. The second thing you do it remove the lock by pulling out the clip that holds it in at the top. Again this is very easy to do as well. Now, the Third thing you need to do is look on the side of the lock for the Key Code. You only need the last 3 figures which start with a letter which could be an A, B, C, or D. and the last two numbers which I believe range from 1-99. When you have this information I think the best and most cost effective way to do this is through E-Bay. I used a guy named Terry Vincent just to see if they would get my key right. I already had 2 working keys at this point but wanted to know if by just paying $7 you could get a working key in just a couple days. I'm happy to report that I got my today in the mail and it worked like a charm. You could like John said just take the code to your Honda dealer and have them make a key as well. I think they are under $10 but they Have to have a key machine. I called several dealers and Most do not have them. I had one place in New Castle PA who wanted to come out to me instead of cutting a key with the code (which I'm sure knew that it would work) and make the key right there for me. That would be nice but it was going to cost me $225 dollars! NO WAY! Here is who I used on E-bay who was a pleasure to deal with. His name is Terry Vincent and his number is 806.759.2553 and you can text him your information. Sooo.... Again thanks to this group and the great help I received from you guys, I will be riding this Sat. on my new to me ST1100. The Temp is going to be near 60 with sun! Can't wait!!!

Thanks again...

Bob
Thanks for this post I have followed your instructions & have the petrol lock removed with a--a on it so am going to get key cut tomorrow

Top Bottom