Go away winter!

Bike
03 st 1300
I've introduced myself when I was mid purchase of bike. Well now The dirty deed is done. I had not actually seen
my st 1300 till 8 pm last nite. 1.5 hour drive one way to a town called Addy, wa. And she's a beauty. A 2200
mile with ABS. Has akrapovic cans, heated Corbin seat, risers with ram knob and power supply. Plus a stereo and
a blue tooth system in glove compartment. Oh an alarm also. Original tires must be hard as can be. The punch mark
on headset too. I just wanted to tell someone, my wife is not interested but she tries. I paid all the money I suppose,
but got in a bidding war. Asking price was $6200 and that's what it took. I've seen used heated grips on eBay, for not much money (30 bucks) can those be put on my bike, and is that the way to go? Thanks es tee people.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Congrats on the new ride. I love my heated grips. And +1 on winter making itself scarce. Unfortunately, I'm in it for a little while yet...

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
-12 Celsius (10 F) here in Newfoundland today. Oh boy do I want to go play on my ST. I did have a good ride on my quad this past weekend, but that just does not replace my ST. New bar risers, and highway pegs installed last month. Can't wait to try out my new positioning. I liked it before, i hope I will love the new position, folks here say the helibar risers are worth the money. Couldn't help but add the attachment. I am a Mental Health counselor!!!
I suffer from PMS!!!

Attachments

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Minus 40C in Alberta today and for the past few days, but is forecast to be plus 7 in a few days. Brrrrr! I need summer! Anyways for the grips, I had cheap heaters on the bike when I bought it, probably the $30 ones you are looking at so one thing is don't do it! They are useless. I now have oxford grips and they are excellent. Put your money to a great set like the Oxfords.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congrats on the ST1300, what year is it?

Winter sure does suck! :( I had to ride in the :rain1: with w temp of 59F today, so I could get to work, all the roads were stuff with slow moving cages, that I promptly lane split and got to work a little damp, but I'm here! :)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've seen used heated grips on eBay, for not much money (30 bucks) can those be put on my bike, and is that the way to go?
I don't know about used heated grips but heated grips are certainly an ST add-on staple (aka farkle). New they range greatly in price.

For about $60 you can get Symtec grip heaters. These are grids that fit under your handgrips instead of heated grips themselves. Grip heaters have the advantage of allowing you to chose the handgrip that you prefer (stock handgrips don't win many popularity contests) such as the BMW ribbed handgrips (my fav). It's also less expensive to replace a worn grip or failed heater.

http://heatdemon.com/collections/motorcycle-grip-heaters

https://www.amazon.com/Symtec-Handlebar-Heater-Rocker-210007RR/dp/B006B20FXS (one example)

Bike
05 ST1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I live in Pennsylvania so I only use heated grip for a few month each year. I use external grips and put them on in Dec. and take them off in March. I found these on Ebay for less than $3.00. I've used them for three years and they work great. There are two heat setting but the top one is too hot. Easy to put on and take off. Good luck

http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/g/E1AAAOSwdvpWERuO/s-l225.jpg

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My guess is that it is a 2003 my son is in the Air Force in Tacoma and we discussed that bike last weekend he was eyeballing it also. Small world isn't it
Ha, getting your son involved! Excellent choice! ;) ToddC is in that area, have your son get a hold of him, he can give him some pointers!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Lot of guys like the Oxford heated grips. They come in three lengths, so check out what grip you have now and the length of the model that you choose if you go this route. I like mine, and decided on a once piece heated grip instead of a separate heating panel and grip. I would suggest getting a Honda shop manual for your bike (used on ebay), and investigate the quartet harness. You might already have one on your bike - it was designed to provide power to heated grips. An alternative would be heated gloves.

Top Bottom