Another Uncle Phil Medical Adventure

v8-7

Site Supporter
Thinking about you Brother.. may you be back in the saddle sooner rather than later..

Are trying to get the most value for your health insurance ?

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers Phil if you like maybe we can get the guys from Gas monkey garage to help out the Doc. Seriously though wishing you and the family all the best during this surgery. Keep us posted when you can.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
My thoughts and prayers are with you Phil. I hope you and me both can stay out of the hospitals this year. Riding is a lot more fun! I hope to see you soon.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wow... hoping all goes well! That being said, ask the doctor if "interventional Radiology" similar to what my daughter had. There was no vascular surgery... they put her on blood thinner drip for 24 hours, then went into the vein behind here knee, inserted a wire for focused ultra-sound energy and another blood thinner drip in the local area. Left her on that for 18 hours, then took her back into the radiology lab, installd a filter to catch anything trying to migrate to the heart and lungs, injected dye and bust up some of the remaining clot, did multiple angioplasty on her and installed a couple of stents. The procedure is relatively new and allows them to focus treatment. It has a much faster recovery rate. Worth a chat with the doctor. My daughter had the last procedure on Tuesday and was released on Thursday. Lots cheaper...

Oh, praying for you!
Vinny - The deal is it's stuck in an artery not a vein. I've learned a lot more about this whole blood clot deal that I ever wanted to know. ;-) For vein treatment they can put in a filter and then do clot-busting. With an artery that 'terminates' in your feet and toes, if they busted the clot, the pieces would clog on down the line and you start losing toes and possible a foot. I already asked the doc 'Why can't you just shoot a little Draino in there to clear it up?' He said he didn't have any ... :D

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300 09 XR650L
STOC #
Wow. I bet you're thinking will this stuff never end? Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. Any idea what causes this? Are you currently on any meds that can cause clots? Any chance this was related to your knee surgeries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
So they're going to do a bypass as opposed to attempting to clear it? Wishing you a successful and speedy recovery Phil, but I think I already told you to cut this crap out! Makes one question the value of workouts doesn't it?

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Phil
Thoughts and prayers sent your way for a successful surgery! Get well soon we still have to share knee surgery stories!

Randy

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
My best and prayers to you big guy. You'll be huggin' us all in no time!

Greg

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Well dam Phil. Sure hope all goes as planned and you make a full recovery... Hope to see you soon

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Well Uncle Phil, sure sounds like you are getting waaay too much attention from the Doctors lately! Great that they were able to find the issue and have a plan to make it all better. You have our thoughts and prayers. Heal quickly and fully, my friend!

Top Bottom