Another Uncle Phil Medical Adventure

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I remember the day they took one of our recruits out in a straight jacket when he came unglued. That's pretty interesting to watch them put a feller in one of those!

I ran into another jarhead and he told me this story -

They were in the mess hall in boot camp and a 'private' was really acting up. The DIs grabbed him, dragged him outside, shot him, and threw the body in the dumpster. The green recruits didn't know it was all a scheme until they saw the 'recruit' in a DI uniform several weeks later. Needless to say, there were no discipline problems for while until they found out. ;-)
That is sort of like the scene from "The Untouchables" movie where the character played by Sean Connery shot a guy to "encourage" another guy to spill the beans....except that the guy in the movie was already dead...

Bike
2005 Concours
I remember the day they took one of our recruits out in a straight jacket when he came unglued. That's pretty interesting to watch them put a feller in one of those!

I ran into another jarhead and he told me this story -

They were in the mess hall in boot camp and a 'private' was really acting up. The DIs grabbed him, dragged him outside, shot him, and threw the body in the dumpster. The green recruits didn't know it was all a scheme until they saw the 'recruit' in a DI uniform several weeks later. Needless to say, there were no discipline problems for while until they found out. ;-)
THAT would definitely grabbed ones attention. Cant' you just imagine what the DI's talked about at night?

When I was on Mess Duty, I saw a recruit stick his arm down in the boiling water to retrieve his mess tray, because his DI was yelling at him. Nasty!!! I was in the Pot Shed stealing what ever food I could from the Mess Hall. They would always bring the left overs out to be cleaned up. One person stood watch while the others ate.

Everybody got a story, that's for sure. You undoubtedly went to PI, whereas I was fortunate to go to San Diego. Actually, I should've gone to PI, but they must have been full up or something.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I decided I'd better see if I could get a boot on my left foot since I want to ride to Moonshine next week. I managed to get in a little 280+ mile ride down the Trace to Florence for lunch and back. I figured shifting would be a little difficult (and it was), so I took the Trace knowing it would require very little of it. Still not 'pleasant', but it is manageable and lot better than sitting around. And my left leg and foot didn't swell up from the ride, so that's a good thing.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Glad to hear that and good luck on the continued improvement. Love the story above of the "shooting". Take care

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Glad to hear the news that you're back riding, it's even better news that your leg didn't swell!

Congrats!
Mark

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
Very cool UP! I look forward to seeing you this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Hey, I was on the Natchez Trace on Saturday. I was in a motorhome, though. The bicyclists make for some slow going early in the morning.

Glad everything is going well in your recovery.

Top Bottom