Another Uncle Phil Medical Adventure

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I'll add my prayers to all the other UP.

And I'll pray for the surgical, recovery, and nurses that work with you too... (They need it! :D ) Actually because I want everything to go smoothly!

Mark

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Wow Phil, prayers added.

With all the new tech the Doctors have these days, you'll come out upgraded: in like a ST1100, out like a ST1300! :D

Bike
2010 ST1300
Sorry to hear this Phil, Wishing you a speedy recovery. We will all see you in Mansfield in a couple of months, hale and hearty as ever. I expect a big hug like last time!

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I'm sorry to hear about this latest medical speed bump. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I look forward to meeting you down the road.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Geez Uncle Phil-

Seems as though you've had your share and several other people's share of hard luck lately. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Wow. I bet you're thinking will this stuff never end? Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery. Any idea what causes this? Are you currently on any meds that can cause clots? Any chance this was related to your knee surgeries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ashley - My 'hunch' it is from the abdominal aortic aneurysm repair back in September where they sliced open the two main arteries in my groin (one to each leg) in a major way. The larger incision just happened to be on the left side but then I'm not a doctor. I felt the thing run down the left leg and then stick. Pretty freaky feeling to say the least. Never had any trouble with clots before this and there are none lurking anywhere else in the body that they could find. And believe me, they've been looking! ;-) In fact, I have a copy of my last CAT scan where I can look at my aneurysm repair and both of my knee placements in blazing color on my computer when I really get bored! :D

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
U keep this up UP & you'll have a coffee cup with your name on it in the OR. Just like Tim the tool man.
I pray every day for all man kind, I will add your name to my prayers. 10 days for the doctors to make it all better than new, an they will.
Hang in there.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ace - It's pretty interesting when you overhear the conversation about scheduling surgery - The doctor's office gives them your name, and the response is -

"Oh yea, we know him..." :D (actually happened on one of my orthopedic adventures)

I keep hoping I'll get a 'frequent cutter' card or something like that! ;-) This will be the 18th time I've been under anesthesia so I hope my body doesn't have a 'counter' with a max number of times on it. The discussion with the anesthesiologist goes like this -

"How do you do under anesthesia?"

'Well doctor, all right I reckon. This will be my xxth time." ;-)

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Vinny - The deal is it's stuck in an artery not a vein. I've learned a lot more about this whole blood clot deal that I ever wanted to know. ;-) For vein treatment they can put in a filter and then do clot-busting. With an artery that 'terminates' in your feet and toes, if they busted the clot, the pieces would clog on down the line and you start losing toes and possible a foot. I already asked the doc 'Why can't you just shoot a little Draino in there to clear it up?' He said he didn't have any ... :D
Good explanation! Praying for you and the docs!

Bike
VStrom 650
MOTY one minute the Dr's best buddy the next.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery and remember Scotch Whisky is a great blood thinner, mine's like water.......
Upt'North.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery Phil and hope you're back in the saddle soon,prayers and best wishes from Ireland.

wbgva_roadkill

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW K1600GTL
Prayers a successful recovery for your UP. I hope your docs are very successful in their repairs.

John G.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Positive thoughts going your way and we will have to have breakfast in April.

Gerhard

Bike
2010 ST1300
Ace - It's pretty interesting when you overhear the conversation about scheduling surgery - The doctor's office gives them your name, and the response is -

"Oh yea, we know him..." :D (actually happened on one of my orthopedic adventures)

I keep hoping I'll get a 'frequent cutter' card or something like that! ;-) This will be the 18th time I've been under anesthesia so I hope my body doesn't have a 'counter' with a max number of times on it. The discussion with the anesthesiologist goes like this -

"How do you do under anesthesia?"

'Well doctor, all right I reckon. This will be my xxth time." ;-)
A couple of comments. You might ask if after 18 surgeries the 19th is free. Hey - you might as well negotiate, make that after 17, the 18th is free. And, many years ago, I read an article that discussed what surgeons say in the OR, and that the patient, even though unconscious, can hear and react to what the doc is saying. So, listen up, and if they start talking about riding, you can probably say (while out like a light), "Been there, done that, and why don't you try a ride New Zealand next time?"

Maybe you could post said cat scans and x-rays of your knees on the site in the 'Phil - Technical' Forum.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Take care UP - hope everything goes splendidly and you heal up fast. Can't have you laid up all summer, you got ridin' to do.

Top Bottom