Thread: Toronto spring motorcycle show

Bike
    '04 ST1300 Blue STar
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Toronto spring motorcycle show

Anyone dropping by the spring show ?? I am going to try and swing by on Friday afternoon. Cat'

http://www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca/...?article_id=41

My Gallery

Re: Toronto spring motorcycle show

I'll be there there Friday afternoon as well.

Bike
    2003 Grey ST 1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

We may make it in the evening after work. It is ladies night so Susie will go half price...
    Jock

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" - Amelia Earhart

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    '04 ST1300 Blue STar
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

I caught up with Catcher and John at the show this afternoon. I asked at the Honda display where the CTX1300 was,,, and they said it would be discontinued. Then I asked about the ST1300 replacement,,, and they said it will never happen. One sales guy pointed towards the F6b,,, as if to say "there it is". Honda was really pushing the Africa-twins. No more V-rods. Victory had a bunch of bikes in the Polaris section. Yammi,,, and Kawwi had big display's. Low crowds,,, at the early opening,, lots of parking spaces. Cat'

The VFR1200X is a probably the closest they are going to get but the problem is the price of the things $$$ they dont seem to be selling well and very little aftermarket.

I've been to the show the last couple years, it seems to get worse every year... more vendors selling crap and less and less bikes

Bike
    FJR & Super Tenere
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tenny80 View Post
    I've been to the show the last couple years, it seems to get worse every year... more vendors selling crap and less and less bikes
    That's my experience too. I gave up on it. The best show by a long shot is the early January "supershow", but even it I wonder about at times.
    2014 Yamaha Super Tenere & 2010 FJR1300A

STOC# 4759. IBA# 23236

Bike
    Guzzi Stelvio NTX
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Honda is losing the sport touring crowd as other manufacturers continue to improve their offerings in this area without a response from Honda. Adventure bikes are also capturing some of the sport touring market, most with limited off-road capability due to weight. No one bike does it all. Find what bike turns your crank and ride it.

As to the MC show this weekend, I'm in Sarnia with our daughter and 15 month old granddaughter, Iris.

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaON
    Honda is losing the sport touring crowd
    There are some interesting posts here showing the numbers of Honda's sport-touring sales that allow you to correctly infer that s-t and ST sales just aren't important to Honda. They didn't lose their s-t market. They gave it away.

I'm guessing that even if every ST owner who wanted an updated version were to run out and buy the 2017 ST1400 (no- there's no such thing) the sales wouldn't have justified the effort to Honda and shareholders.

In fact even if there were a 2017 ST1400 with bells whistles and red wheels that still wouldn't be enough for me to update EVEN IF Honda priced the bike more reasonably. New gewgaws are nice but what might intrigue me would be a new body style (hint: I love retro) and an out of the box factory suspension suitable for a 190-200lb rider. I haven't weighed 135lbs since entering military service. Maybe a 1.5" lower ride height too. (In for a penny...)

As is I'm really happy with my 2010. It's function and performance exceed my ability and appeals to me eye more than any current s-t offering. Its design leaves me enough room to satisfy my farkle fetish.

Fortunately I've had the opportunity to experience the ST. If I pay attention it will last me the rest of my s-t riding days if not the rest of all my riding days.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

+ New Posts