Where to mount switches?

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Other than the three rocker switches that mount on top of a clutch or brake master or drilling a hole in the fairing where do you guys mount your switches on the ST1300? Pictures please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Other than the three rocker switches that mount on top of a clutch or brake master or drilling a hole in the fairing where do you guys mount your switches on the ST1300? Pictures please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I don't like drilling into fairing pieces either, but below the left fairing pocket is a great place, if you don't have factory heated grips. Or - buy a dash shelf and mount switches there.

thekaz

haz gone feral
heat switches.jpg

I did this for my heated grips and power for heated gear plug. Then a wireless heat troller mounted on a left side TT shelf

head_fog switch.jpg

I did this for my head lights & driving lights

thekaz

haz gone feral
Looks nice! Where did you get that switch and how was it mounted!
Its from a european CBR1000RR where they had this switch to control headlights and parking lights ...... Mine came from a CBR BUT its exactly the same as many late 90's early 00's Honda's including the euro version of the ST1300 . It mounts exactly the same as the north american or newer version, just more wires and a different plug.

some good info on it at the bottom of the page here http://www.wedgeneering.co.uk/Honda ST1300.htm

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Its from a european CBR1000RR where they had this switch to control headlights and parking lights ...... Mine came from a CBR BUT its exactly the same as many late 90's early 00's Honda's including the euro version of the ST1300 . It mounts exactly the same as the north american or newer version, just more wires and a different plug.

some good info on it at the bottom of the page here http://www.wedgeneering.co.uk/Honda ST1300.htm
Interesting read! Thanks!

OP
OP
Dave.David

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #

I read the whole site, really interesting, knowledgeable guy.
As for the switch I'd like it if he had said more about which wire he spliced into which wire, but makes me want to go buy one. Thanks for the link.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I mounted three illuminated rocker switches INSIDE the right glove box on the front wall of the box. One kills one of the low beam headlights so that I can run with only one burning for conspicuity. The second allows me to turn the auxiliary lights (on brackets below the rear view mirrors) on and off with the bright beams (if switch is off, the aux. lamps are off all the time), and the third is a spare for future fork 2" lights.

My reasoning was these items will generally be addressed before I begin a ride, and while they are accessible while riding, it is unlikely I would want to use the switches.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
jmcarruth; said:
I don't like drilling into fairing pieces either, but...
Right there with you. Measure thrice drill once. In some instances drilling/cutting the Tup for an installation makes the most sense. Doing it accurately and cleanly (as in the mirror covers for under mirror mounts for aux lights) does give me pause.

Top Bottom