Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RAN List looks thin!

My Gallery

Re: RAN List looks thin!

Quote Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
    .....Don't really much get the redundancy aspect though. Different purposes.
    Not really, there is at least some intersection. They both have pretty much the same purpose, contacting a stranger on the road - one is a pre-offer of on the road contact the other is a real time request for on the road assistance. The problem with RAN use I've found is unless the RAN lister never goes anywhere the offer is seldom useful when it's needed. YMMV but the few occasions I've tried to use the RAN it never worked; no one home when needed. The RIDER NEEDS ASSISTANCE request is pretty much guaranteed to get someone to help almost immediately.

If you just want a cup of coffee or someone to chat with there is always the "Coffee Club"
    Last edited by TPadden; 03-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Bike
    1999 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by TPadden View Post
    one is a pre-offer of on the road contact the other is a real time request for on the road assistance.
    Exactly what I meant by 'different purposes'

Did I just have a Padden debate/confrontation? ... All good.
    1999 ST1100
    1991 ST1100
    1980 Yamaha XS1100

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
    Did I just have a Padden debate/confrontation?
    If you have to ask, and there was no involved; that would be: not very likely.
    Last edited by TPadden; 03-03-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Bike
    07 ST1300A(P)
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by TPadden View Post
    Not really, there is at least some intersection. They both have pretty much the same purpose, contacting a stranger on the road - one is a pre-offer of on the road contact the other is a real time request for on the road assistance. The problem with RAN use I've found is unless the RAN lister never goes anywhere the offer is seldom useful when it's needed. YMMV but the few occasions I've tried to use the RAN it never worked; no one home when needed. The RIDER NEEDS ASSISTANCE request is pretty much guaranteed to get someone to help almost immediately.

If you just want a cup of coffee or someone to chat with there is always the "Coffee Club"
    In my case, I've had riders with issues roll up at my place, I've been out, but given them the gate access code and told them where to find what they need, then shown up there as soon as I could. Generally better to get me by text though. I'll add that to my details.
    When I was younger, I.......no, wait....I still do that.....
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    The Marine Corps often receives criticism from those who could never qualify as Marines

+ New Posts
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123