Yes, yes, yes, yes. Riding in February.

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
Brought the ST home from storage this evening. Man-child had to pick up his S1000R this morning. It was upper 60's today. Forecast of upper 50's tomorrow. Heading to Frank's Diner in Kenosha tomorrow morning. Should be there 9:00ish. All are welcome. It is such a glorious thing that us "Northern Folks" can ride in the middle of February. Bring on the global warming. Wait climate change. Whatever!!! As long as I can ride.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Jealous, Jealous, Jealous, Jealous......!
_20170208_143600.jpg. Wish I was in WI...Right now!

ToddC

Bike
VStrom 650
Yes, had a brief warmish spell in Northumberland UK. Upto 52 yesterday with no blummin wind and blue skies.
Decided on a walk along the coast, in February! For those not frequented with the North Sea, UK, it is a rare thing indeed not to have an easterly wind go straight through you at anytime of year.
Long may global warming, climate change, whatever, last.
Although some folks in California may disagree about now.
Upt'North.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yep, always a good day to be able to ride in January or February in the northern states. Been very mild these last two months, though hovered around freezing most of Jan and the first week of Feb so rain turned to snow to ice those weeks. But all last week was 50s and 60s F and yesterday was 75*F! Next week expecting more well above normal temps. Been riding a week or two in Jan and all this last week and expect to all next week as well. Nice. Of course, some of you know that temp matters not to me, only that the pavement where I ride is clear and dry. Ride safe no matter when or where.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Jealous, Jealous, Jealous, Jealous......!
_20170208_143600.jpg. Wish I was in WI...Right now!

ToddC
You should have been with me today Todd. It started in the mid 50's. It was 72 on my way home from a 225 mile ride. I even saw my first rattlesnake in the wild. Hard to believe it was out in February. And he was not in a good mood!
You guys will be enjoying nice weather in July and August when i will be waiting on riding season to start again. Hang in there guys.

Bike
ST 1300 2005 41K
YES Unbelievable weather. I'll take every good one there is to get. Today started out in the mid 40's finished in upper 60's. Put a couple 100 0n the old ST copping Letter I In A to Z game.

Ride Safe & the lucky Rider's take advantage & enjoy.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Here in sunny So. California, we've had a record amount of rain. I will gladly give up a month of riding for the rain. After all, it will make for a beautiful spring and early summer, and we need every inch mother nature will give us.
I know, nothing like you Northern Folk [emoji39]

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Just a little sample of some of yesterday's Colorado Riding in February

Last edited:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
You should have been with me today Todd. It started in the mid 50's. It was 72 on my way home from a 225 mile ride. I even saw my first rattlesnake in the wild. Hard to believe it was out in February. And he was not in a good mood!
You guys will be enjoying nice weather in July and August when i will be waiting on riding season to start again. Hang in there guys.
Me too! That Rattler was trying to warm up probably......Just like me.....
Just using the time to finish a few projects here at the new home stead....Have fun riding.......:bow1:

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
For sure - way to go Forth! I have good friends in Gothenburg - very nice place indeed.

Today I went out to my storage place on the ST1300, popped the battery into my '76 Yamaha XS650C and rode it back home and then to the gas station. It wasn't very far, but it was a really nice day for a little ride here in Windsor (22C / about 71 deg. F and sunny).

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
It wasn't very far, but it was a really nice day for a little ride here in Windsor (22C / about 71 deg. F and sunny).
another cold, rainy day in soCal, you Canadians have all the luck with your February riding season, we can only dream.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
another cold, rainy day in soCal, you Canadians have all the luck with your February riding season, we can only dream.
Yes indeed - CANADA - land of gentle breezes, warm temperatures, sunny days, clear nights and dry roads......

....wait a minute! :confused:

You tricky Californian - FAKE NEWS!!! You nearly had me there - but I gotcha! ;)

OP
OP
NTausch
Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
Didn't ride today. Saturday was awesome. Good long ride to get some grub. Got lost and found some twisties. All good 100 plus miles. Spent Sunday putting some farkles on. Heli bar riser with powerlet and Speedohealer. Had to take air box out to route the wires. All good, wish I could of rode. Tomorrow rain. Tuesday and Wednesday great. See if the local Quaker Steak and Lube get their stuff together. They schedule a winter bike night. Hopefully they get hint we will coming in force and the gig better be outside.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Yes indeed - CANADA - land of gentle breezes, warm temperatures, sunny days, clear nights and dry roads......

....wait a minute! :confused:

You tricky Californian - FAKE NEWS!!! You nearly had me there - but I gotcha! ;)
Another case of alternate facts..........

Top Bottom