Fuel Cut Eliminator -old subject, discontinued part, anyone know where I can get one?

Bike
2006 ST1300
Hi All,

I read a bunch about this part "Ivan's, Fuel Cut Eliminator Part # FCE-002".
Some good write ups on performance and smooth throttle, etc.
and if I can find one I'd be interested in trying it out.
Claims to help or eliminate the kaa-klunks at low speed (easy) throttle.
If anyone know a good replacement or even has one of these new on their shelf, please let me know.

Fuel Cut Eliminator - Part # FCE-002
Price $ Discontinued - No longer available

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?80672-(FCE)-Fuel-Cut-Eliminator-for-ST1300-On-Off-Throttle-Issue-Resolved

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Re: Fuel Cut Eliminator -old subject, discontinued part, anyone know where I can get

I've got one I'm thinking about selling. I installed it on my '05 as an attempt to fix a misfire but it didn't solve the issue. As I was fine with the throttle response without it before, I'll probably remove it. You would have to replace some of the crimp connectors as those were consumed when I installed it.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Re: Fuel Cut Eliminator -old subject, discontinued part, anyone know where I can get

Easier and cheaper way to eliminate some of the snatch is the replacement G2 throttle tube. Put one on mine and along with a few months time in the saddle the throttle response is smooth as any bike I've owned.

Check here for install and information.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300

I've got one I'm thinking about selling. I installed it on my '05 as an attempt to fix a misfire but it didn't solve the issue. As I was fine with the throttle response without it before, I'll probably remove it. You would have to replace some of the crimp connectors as those were consumed when I installed it.
Thanks "wjbertrand" , very kind of you to reply, and even offer your module up for sale, but I'm going to try this G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube beforehand, as suggested.
I never knew about the G2 throttle tamer, and lowering foot pegs until I joined and started reviewing these tech pages !
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif, arial, sans-serif]Only two issues that bothered me a bit was the uneven throttle at low speeds, and the darn foot pegs were about an inch to high.
Now I can farkle them, and see
[/FONT]:bow1:

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300

and thank you ! to T_C and The Dan ... I'm gonna try the G2 throttle tamer, and I ordered the drivers peg lowering brackets yesterday.. and farkle away... Thanks again :bow1:

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar

When I first got my '04,, I was worried about the throttle surge that many others have reported. I also read about Ivan's FCE,,, and could see that there were only about 10 new units available at that time. I think I wound up buying the 2nd or third last unit/kit that they sold,, c/w the connectors and crimper tool. It is is still in the box,, and I will likely decide to either to install it or sell it off, this season. Greg,, I am surprised that your '06 is surging,, as I thought that Honda had re-mapped the FI in those ECU's to minimise that tendancy.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300

After reading about the G2 Throttle thingy (kidding, but heading out for the weekend and no time to look up the official naming) , I'm thinking this might take care of the issue more than the ECU, write ups on the G2 Thottle "Tamer", more closely described the kaa-klunks (sort of) that I encounter. If I throttle (or snap the throttle) downshifting through the gears I don't feel it so much as gentle roll down through the gears. Just annoys me enough to research it. I'll try the G2 Throttle Tamer first and see if my 06 performs any better chugging down the gears any better. I like both ways of downshifting, but sometimes the 56 yo in me, comes to a slow stop occasionally.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9

Try checking and adjusting your throttle cables before you modify anything. The tighter they are the better control you get over throttle response. Many tighten them as much as possible, leaving just enough slack to ensure that the throttle will completely return to the idle stop, to deal with this very issue. Easy to do and cost you nothing.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I'm thinking this might take care of the issue more than the ECU
I've got a G2 Throttle Tamer on my ST and like it very much. BUT- as much as it helps it's not a cure all and lazy throttle control will still give you the On/Off throttle feel.

What it does is give you a little more granularity in low-speed throttle. It definitely works where the FCE seems to have an uneven track record. For those whom it's worked the throttle response may have exceeded what's possible with the Throttle Tamer through eliminating the jerky response as opposed to the Tamer's mitigating it.

Of course with time patience and practice you can learn to cope with the choppy low end response without any add-ons. I chose not to. The FCE is more work and money than I'm willing to put into the issue given it's track record. For me the Tamer was a really good bang for the buck and makes me miss the carbureted-response of my previous bikes a little less.

OP
OP
Bike
2006 ST1300

THAT'S IT !!!!! I WANT to,,, "miss the carbureted-response of my previous bikes a little less." !!! thanks to everyone that has been so helpful, I'll try the throttle adjustment , and farkle further, if needed...

Bike
2008 Goldwing GL1800

OP Greg1300, if you are still looking for a device to improve the lean fuel/air mix. Here is a profuct called Booster Plug. Check it out.
http://www.advdesigns.com/boplfumaforh.html
I went through two fuel cut elimators. First one died after 1 season. The second didn't work as well as the first one, but it lasted 3 seasons. It did make the throttle smoother at all speed, slow or fast. Transformed my 2007 ST1300. I went a few years without it after the second one died. The bike became a chore to ride at slow speed. I thought about selling the ST!
Then I came across booster plug. It improved the fuel/air mix and made riding the ST more enjoyable again, almost as good as the FCE. I kept the ST.
A month ago, I came across a Turbo Tom Fuel Regulator #58. I installed the fuel reg and removed the Booster Plug. The ST runs fantastic with the fuel reg upgrade. But now, winter is upon us, I have prepared the ST for hibernation.
Here are the theories in a nut shell. The FCE works on the O2 senser to fool the bike into run a little richer than the factory pre-set lean mix. The Booster Plug works on the intake air temperature sensor to fool the ST into thinking it is colder outside, therby runs a little richer. The upgraded TT fuel reg simply allows more fuel to go through to enrich the fuel/air mix. All works one way or the other.
Kenny

Top Bottom