Suits Slatin Motogear EZ-1 Powersuit

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Here is an initial review, I will modify this post over time and provide additional reviews after some time using this suit.

Initial Review:
The suit came in the mail yesterday and this is just some pictures and info of the initial fit and features of the suit.

I wear shirts between 2xl and 3xl so using the sizing chart on their website I ordered the 3XL. I think the fit is pretty accurate although the legs seem a bit big and look so in the pictures when standing. They feel better when seated on the bike.

Here in this picture you can see the three external pockets and adjustment straps at the waist. The suit is lacking hip pockets.

I do like the stretch panel at the lower back. I could do without the large advertising on the back.

The following are some photos of me sitting on the bike. You can see the leg fit is better on the bike.

There are six zippered vents on the suit. One at each bicep like this

Two on the chest

Two on the back

There is a clip on the left side at the waist, I assume to clip keys to.

On the left side above the clip is a small opening for heated gear wiring

The suit is designed to have an adjustable inseam by using 'hook and loop' at the bottom of the legs. I took a few pictures, but I am not sure I did it correctly as the way I hooked the adjustment together it makes a connection at the bottom of the leg that makes it hard to put on and take off. If the suit works well and I plan to keep it long term I will probably take it to a local tailor and have it hemmed to the correct length.

There are also two interior pockets. One is a cell phone pouch.

Here is the armor that is provided

First Ride:
I got out Sunday for my first ride with the suit. I did 85 miles and the temps started out at 34 degrees and it was 45 when I got home. I wore jeans, a tee shirt, and my heated liner(no heat on) under the suit and was comfortable for the entire ride. I am still not a fan of the adjustable leg inseam setup, there is Velcro on just one side of the leg so you curl the rest up inside and it has nothing to attach to and works its way back down and out. More Velcro hooks are needed to keep it up all the way around. I plan to have it sewn in place to correct this issue for me. I'm not sure but I don't think it would cost much to have hemmed. One other thing I noticed is with the high viz color that if your riding towards the sun the suit will reflect and makes it very difficult to see your GPS screen. This is probably only an issue with the high viz green suits.

Second ride:
I got out for my second ride with the suit yesterday and did 320 miles. It was 23 degrees when I left the house and 65 when I returned home. This suit is not insulated and from 32 degrees and below I utilized my heated liner to keep me warm. Above 32 or so I can be comfortable with just using the heating liner as a jacket layer without the heat turned on to it. Obviously this is going to vary person to person based on your sensitivity to temperature. Later in the ride I was able to open the vents up and test the ventilation of the suit. I was surprised how well it worked, but I keep in mind that it was mid sixties and probably felt like a lot of air because it was cool air coming in and out. One thing I do like is that I can open and close all 6 air vents while on the bike with how they are located on the suit. My last jacket had one big zipper across the back just below my shoulder blades and it was impossible to open and close without taking the coat off or having help from someone else.

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST non abs
How big is the cell phone pocket? Apple 6 plus size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
How big is the cell phone pocket? Apple 6 plus size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The cell phone pocket is roughly 3.5" by 6". No Iphones at our house so I'm not sure about the size of the 6 plus.

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Good write up. I went to Aerostich and they had to take 3" between hip and knee to get knee armor to line up. Legs are long unless I am seated on the bike. Just ride with it for a while. Can you adjust location of the armor at all? Where is the armor? Knees, elbows, shoulders...can hip or back be installed or ordered for later?
20160526_210012.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Can you adjust location of the armor at all? Where is the armor? Knees, elbows, shoulders...can hip or back be installed or ordered for later?
Armor is included in Knees, elbows, shoulders, hip, and back. The knee and elbow armor location is adjustable. There are different Velcro strips in each pocket to adjust them as needed.

Edit: Upon inspection now that I am home there is a pouch for hip protection and hip armor is included with the suit.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
although the legs seem a bit big and look so in the pictures when standing.
They may spoil your little turn on the catwalk but feeling better when sitting on the bike as well as getting on and off of it are why the legs are deliberately made a little big.

Looks like a decent bit of kit. Thanks for the review!

scootac

Will Ride for Food
How about the feel of the material... adequate, thin, heavy duty?
Seams and stitching, zippers???
You mention having legs altered if keep it long term... are you on the fence already?
Yeah... the logo on the back would piss me off!!!! Was there any picture of it in their gallery?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
How about the feel of the material... adequate, thin, heavy duty?
Seams and stitching, zippers???
The exterior of the suit is 600 Cordura, it feels very adequate and the impact areas are covered with the heavy duty Superfabric. You can see some of the seams and stitching in the pictures above. All appear to be done very well. The zippers are YKK. If I was building the suit I would extend the zipper flap from the left leg to the top of the zipper (it currently ends near the crotch). I think the added zipper flap to the top would help with keeping water out.

You mention having legs altered if keep it long term... are you on the fence already?
Not necessarily on the fence. My initial impression is it appears to be a well built suit and I am happy with the quality. With that said I've not been out on a ride with it yet so a final determination has not been made. My goal was to be able to tour and wear a suit that didn't require me to stop and put on a rain suit, so a ride in the rain will be needed before I can determine how happy I am with my decision to purchase this suit.

Yeah... the logo on the back would piss me off!!!! Was there any picture of it in their gallery?
Thanks!
There are pictures of it on the website and I knew it when I ordered it. Its just tacky in my opinion, I don't mind having the company name on the gear but would rather it be more inconspicuous. My opinion is if a company builds a quality piece I will be telling everyone I know about it and the huge advertising on the back is not needed. But I was aware when I placed my order, its not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Inconspicuous?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Wow. Did you see you can't return the suit for a refund?
That depends on which part of the website you read. If you click on a link to one of the suits it does state you have 14 days to return for refund if your not satisfied.

https://www.slatinmotogear.com/products/superfabric-ez-1-armored-motorcycle-suit-safety-green

I did exchange emails with the owner prior to purchase and questioned what the actual policy was and he confirmed I had 14 days to return for refund.

At this point I don't plan to return, still hoping to get out in the rain and give it a test in the near future.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Looks like a good suit for the money. I would resent being a rolling billboard displaying that tacky logo on the back, a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Looks like a good suit for the money. I would resent being a rolling billboard displaying that tacky logo on the back, a deal breaker for me.
I can't see it when I have the suit on. It's much more important to me that the suit works if needed.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
At this point I don't plan to return, still hoping to get out in the rain and give it a test in the near future.

What . . . you can't find a car wash? You don't have a shower in your house to stand in? Wouldn't your kids have a great time turning a hose on you for 30 minutes or so? Maybe your local fire department could give you a good prolonged soaking as a training exercise?

Inquiring minds want answers so orders can be made before the heavy riding season gets underway. Help your brothers and sisters out and go get wet somewhere!

;)

Shuey

PS: Great evaluations so far. Thanks for taking this on Landon. Sincerely.

PPS: Is the fabric stiff enough that I could cover the back logo with bumper stickers?

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
What . . . you can't find a car wash? You don't have a shower in your house to stand in? Wouldn't your kids have a great time turning a hose on you for 30 minutes or so? Maybe your local fire department could give you a good prolonged soaking as a training exercise?
I've considered a few of those options, but I don't believe any of them are a fair and accurate comparison to actually riding in the rain.

Inquiring minds want answers so orders can be made before the heavy riding season gets underway. Help your brothers and sisters out and go get wet somewhere!

;)
Sorry to be this way, but its my hard earned money that has been put out for this testing for everyone else's benefit so the testing will be done on my schedule. I cannot imagine that anyone here doesn't have gear that will get them by for a couple more weeks.

PS: Great evaluations so far. Thanks for taking this on Landon. Sincerely.
Thanks. Expect more in the near future.

PPS: Is the fabric stiff enough that I could cover the back logo with bumper stickers?
Doubtful. The fabric is not that much different than your aerostich. Do you think stickers would stay on it? It appears that the logo is just an iron on or screen print. Once I see how the suit does in the rain I may try to use an iron and wax paper to remove it. Heat gun/Hair dryer and tweezers may work also.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The logo isn't bad looking and not huge. Not much different than the SHOEI sticker on the back of a helmet but bigger. The latter bothers me much more than the former.

Assuming the Powersuit holds up and performs well at half the price or less than an Aerostich suit then I don't mind giving the little guy some free advertising.

And if it can be removed easily and cleanly by those annoyed it's a perk.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
First Ride:
I got out Sunday for my first ride with the suit. I did 85 miles and the temps started out at 34 degrees and it was 45 when I got home. I wore jeans, a tee shirt, and my heated liner(no heat on) under the suit and was comfortable for the entire ride. I am still not a fan of the adjustable leg inseam setup, there is Velcro on just one side of the leg so you curl the rest up inside and it has nothing to attach to and works its way back down and out. More Velcro hooks are needed to keep it up all the way around. I plan to have it sewn in place to correct this issue for me. I'm not sure but I don't think it would cost much to have hemmed. One other thing I noticed is with the high viz color that if your riding towards the sun the suit will reflect and makes it very difficult to see your GPS screen. This is probably only an issue with the high viz green suits.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. Still waiting on a chance to ride in the rain. Its raining here but its been in the early portion of the day when I am at work and has been done raining by the time I get home. I think this is the first time I have ever watched the weather hoping it would rain so I could go ride in it. I may have to take to the shower idea as a quick test. What do you think? 10 minutes in the shower as a test?

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Looks good. But don't try to hunt deer in that. Oh, they see in black in white, so you might get away with it.

How much was it? Order of magnitude is fine - a thou?

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
How much was it? Order of magnitude is fine - a thou?
I thought I had already posted that but I guess not. I paid $499 plus $35 for shipping. I used the discount code "EZ-1 Powersuit" to get that pricing. I believe it still works and am not for sure how long it will be active.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
That's good to know. For the asking price, which is still on "sale," I'd just buy a 'stitch. Pretty close in cost.
A Roadcrafter or Darien and pants is a good investment, that will last many years. But if you buy them new, they are a big investment, and the price keeps going up.
Bought my two piece Roadcrafter 1n 2002, used. It is a compromise between comfort and protection. It will boil you in the summer, and freeze you in the winter. I use it in Spring and Fall.

Top Bottom