Suits Slatin Motogear EZ-1 Powersuit

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Just a quick update. My wife was skeered that the fabric would damage her machine so I took it to a real live tailor who shortened it. Fits perfectly and he only charged $20! Next will be a rain test, but I live in N IL so it may be awhile before the white stuff turns to clear stuff. Come on, spring.

Greg

Hi everyone, I created an account because I'm quite interested in this piece of gear. Does anybody know why it was discontinued? Seems to have been well received... I've also emailed the company to try and find out.

Greg - did you ever get to try it in the rain? I'm moving to the Portland area next month for a new job and will suddenly need a way of dealing with wetness on a regular basis. I'd love to hear the verdict.

Landon - congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about your riding days being over though, at least for now. What size is your suit? Perhaps I could take it off your hands...

Justin

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Hi everyone, I created an account because I'm quite interested in this piece of gear. Does anybody know why it was discontinued? Seems to have been well received... I've also emailed the company to try and find out.

Greg - did you ever get to try it in the rain? I'm moving to the Portland area next month for a new job and will suddenly need a way of dealing with wetness on a regular basis. I'd love to hear the verdict.

Landon - congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to hear about your riding days being over though, at least for now. What size is your suit? Perhaps I could take it off your hands...

Justin
With COVID, my riding was severely limited this season. I won’t even break 10,000 miles for the first time in many years even being relatively healthy. I love the way it fits, but I am a slender guy and wonder how it would fit a stockier person. I used my mesh gear all season to date since we had a warm summer with virtually no rain. Mebbe I’ll throw it on and jump in the shower when things are slow this winter. Not the same, I know!. Makes me wonder why they are no longer offered.

Greg

Interesting... Thanks for the response Greg. Might as well wait and try it in actual rain at this point! Interesting that you've rode less this year though, I would think that's a perfect covid activity. I'm on the slender side too so I'm glad it fits our body type well. No email back from them yet as to why it's not on their site any more, I'll report back when I get a response.

Justin

With COVID, my riding was severely limited this season. I won’t even break 10,000 miles for the first time in many years even being relatively healthy. I love the way it fits, but I am a slender guy and wonder how it would fit a stockier person. I used my mesh gear all season to date since we had a warm summer with virtually no rain. Mebbe I’ll throw it on and jump in the shower when things are slow this winter. Not the same, I know!. Makes me wonder why they are no longer offered.

Greg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Interesting... Thanks for the response Greg. Might as well wait and try it in actual rain at this point! Interesting that you've rode less this year though, I would think that's a perfect covid activity. I'm on the slender side too so I'm glad it fits our body type well. No email back from them yet as to why it's not on their site any more, I'll report back when I get a response.

Justin
You might try a PM with him, @Richard@SMG. Hover over that link and Start Conversation.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT

Justin
Miles were diminished due to being 71 with a compromised cardiovascular system and no longer able to sleep on the ground, necessitating hotel stops. Is what it is. Ride safe!

Greg

Just in case anyone comes across this, I bought one of these in XL in fall 2019 when they were on clearance.

I commute 50 miles each way in SoCal and with the rain we had after I got it it did okay, not great but okay. After wearing it a few times the leg zipper (not a YKK) completely fell apart. The entire pull mechanism just disintegrated. I unstitched one end of the zipper and was able to replace it with a new piece from some tent repair supplies I had on hand. That zipper has since held up fine.
In December 2019 I wore it on a marathon run from SoCal to Dallas. I froze a good portion of the ride, but that's not any fault of the suit. What is the fault of the suit was that the main zipper stopped staying closed after being zipped up. This started just below the crotch, so I was able to hold it closed with some safety pins and get to where I was going. By the time that ride was done there were several places where teeth had completely broken off the zipper rendering it useless. I managed to order a replacement high quality zipper from Amazon and with some help got it sewn in and that's been fine. The zippers on the vents all seem good. The velcro is not quality and quickly loses it's ability to stick. If I keep the suit I'll replace that as well. The mesh lining material is not secured in enough places and is rather loose and baggy inside the suit. The outer fabric and armor all seems good.

I haven't really worn it since then because I lost a bunch of weight last year and since it was somewhat oversized to begin with it's probably unwearable now.

This is all rather irrelevant since they don't sell them anymore, but those are my findings.

Top Bottom