ST1300 front wheel install

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
So I had my new front tire with a bolt in it (last ride of the fall) replaced today with a new one. I pulled the wheel and took it in to save a bit of money. I'm ready to reinstall but cant recall the proper sequence of bolt tightening. I know I've seen it posted several times but wouldn't you know I cant find the thread to save my life. just one of those days.

Any help finding the thread would be appreciated....

Last edited:
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I don't know about the past posts on this but the sequence is easy. Axle in and torque the axle nut to 78Nm. Hold the axle from turning with a 17mm allen wrench if needed. Tighten the right axle clamp to 22Nm. Take the bike off the center stand and use the front brake and push solidly on the suspension a few times. Torque the Left to 22Nm. If the bike fails to go straight on the hwy while riding, and wants to pull one way or the other, repeat the clamp torque procedure.

OP
OP
JRob
Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
I don't know about the past posts on this but the sequence is easy. Axle in and torque the axle nut to 78Nm. Hold the axle from turning with a 17mm allen wrench if needed. Tighten the right axle clamp to 22Nm. Take the bike off the center stand and use the front brake and push solidly on the suspension a few times. Torque the Left to 22Nm. If the bike fails to go straight on the hwy while riding, and wants to pull one way or the other, repeat the clamp torque procedure.
Perfect.. Thanks!

Bike
2010 ST1300
And, I think the manual says the left side axle face should be flush w the fork leg.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
As above, but I do not touch the front brake lever until after the forks have been compressed several times with the wheel against something solid like a wall, then the L. pinch bolts are tightened to 16ft/lbs. Something I read, somewhere. Probably doesn't make a lot of difference.

Top Bottom