question about sena smh 10 communications

Bike
2007 st 1300
I have my new sena smh 10 system up and running,i can communicate with my wife with it and I can listen to my Pandora radio thru my headset, but I cant get it to let my wife hear my music thru it at the same time. how can I synk them so when I play my phone music she can hear it also?:confused:

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
I have my new sena smh 10 system up and running,i can communicate with my wife with it and I can listen to my Pandora radio thru my headset, but I cant get it to let my wife hear my music thru it at the same time. how can I synk them so when I play my phone music she can hear it also?:confused:
This is what I have figured out from riding with my girlfriend:

The way mine works (might depend on firmware version), you first connect to your wife for the intercom (short press on the button/wheel). Then, once connected, you start the music playing (long press on the button/wheel until you hear the beep). She will now hear the music that you hear, however, you wil no longer be able to communicate via intercom. That seems to be the drawback to Sena's implementation...either intercom or shared music, but not both. However, it's better than it was before where you either listened to your music (alone) or you talked on the intercom. At least you can share your music with her now. Alternatively, she can always listen to her own music (from her phone, ipod, etc.) while you listen to yours, albeit with no intercom to each other.

If there is a way for both parties to listen to music while also being able to speak to each other, I would be very much interested in learning how! :)

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The way mine works (might depend on firmware version), you first connect to your wife for the intercom (short press on the button/wheel). Then, once connected, you start the music playing (long press on the button/wheel until you hear the beep). She will now hear the music that you hear, however, you wil no longer be able to communicate via intercom. That seems to be the drawback to Sena's implementation...either intercom or shared music, but not both. However, it's better than it was before where you either listened to your music (alone) or you talked on the intercom. At least you can share your music with her now. Alternatively, she can always listen to her own music (from her phone, ipod, etc.) while you listen to yours, albeit with no intercom to each other.

If there is a way for both parties to listen to music while also being able to speak to each other, I would be very much interested in learning how!
I stand corrected! :eek:: I guess you can share the music, but at a cost.

If I'm reading correctly you said you could not each listen to music and talk; "Alternatively, she can always listen to her own music (from her phone, ipod, etc.) while you listen to yours, albeit with no intercom to each other." The wife and I can. The wife and I both have the Sena SMH10. Her's is connected to her iphone and to my SMH10. Mine is connected to my iphone and to her SMH10. She listens to her music while I listen to mine, something about my blues being awful. ;) When we want to talk we push the jog in, the music is interrupted, and we talk. When we're done the music restarts where it left off. For us it's not either talk or music, it's both. There are some great You Tube tutorials out there which we used to make the connections. The manual left us a little confused, but the videos cleared that up.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
When we want to talk we push the jog in, the music is interrupted, and we talk. When we're done the music restarts where it left off. For us it's not either talk or music, it's both.
Reg, that's what I meant but I guess I didn't word it very well. You can listen to music and talk on the intercom, but not both together at the same time. It's either/or.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
You'll have to sync her Sena to your phone. You can both listen to the same music from the same source.
Phones will only allow one bluetooth audio device at a time.
Make that only one audio device at a time, period. I tried to use the wired out of my phone and the bluetooth out too... nope. No way, no how. Not even an app for that.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Maybe she doesn't want to listen to your music? :duck:

Just sync her phone up to her Sena, that way she can be really happy! :D

Top Bottom