front suspension upgrade st1100

has anyone changed out the front suspension on a st1100 (forks triple clamps fender and brakes) to inverted forks with better brakes etc ? if so what other components did you use and the results reply makntraxs@aol.com thanks

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I may be wrong, but years ago I think I remember someone putting a CBR600 front end onto a ST. Considering the weight difference between the two bikes, I'm doubting it offered much improvement in braking.

If you want better brakes, sell it and buy an ABSII version. Unless you can get free parts, you're probably going to spend more on the parts swapping approach than its worth.

The biggest change I made to my 98 non abs model was to upgrade to radial mastercylinders on the brake and clutch amazing difference. I used ZX14/C14 Kawasaki masters as I bought a couple of pairs when doing an upgrade to full ZX14 front suspension on my 2000 ZRX

I had the extra set in the tool box and after looking at them for a few weeks a rainy day with no riding provided the inspriration to wrench the went on like they belong and transformed the front brakes, Clutch pull is easier not by much but the stock ST clutch has a bunch free play that is gone now.

Id be interested in some big foat forks on my st!! If im not mistaken cbr 600 forks match the st! And id believe it would be a matter of correct springs! the advantage a double cartridge

Bike
92 ST1100
Before buying anything cept' fork oil, wouldn't change out a thing. Go to 10 or 15w Silcolene fork oil, which has a heavier vecosity than stock recommendations. You'd be amazed what handleing improvement this makes;).

Top Bottom