CampSTOC XIII- Scottsburg, IN- May 4-7th, 2017

CampSTOC XIII

8215 N Delaney Park Rd, Scottsburg, IN 47170

http://www.delaneypark.com/

May 4-7th, 2017
    --> RSVP here <--

Cabin 22- Landon and family
    Cabin 23- Raymond and the Ferret (LOL)

This Campground should offer everyone that wishes to come accommodations that they prefer. There is a Primitive camping area, modern camping area with water and electric, and cabins (linens not provided). The cabins do have bathrooms in them. When I spoke to the campground on the phone they did recommend calling and making reservations. Currently it is their offseason and she is only in the office on Fridays from 9AM-5PM. Starting around April 3rd someone should be there full time. There onsite restaurant will also open for the season around April 3rd.

There is a $2.00 "Gate Fee" for every motorcycle, it is a one time fee for your entire stay. Cars are $5.00.

I have reserved Cabin 22 for Friday and Saturday nights. The cabin rates have increased for this season to $84 per night (their website still shows last years pricing). Cabin 23 and 24 are close to cabin 22 if anyone is looking to stay in a cabin and all of us be close to each other.

Here are some photo I took of the property.
    Bath house with Laundry (It was locked up so I couldn't check out the inside)

This area is just to the left of the bath house and is the closest primitive camping (no water or electric here)

Here are a few more shots of the primitive camping area. All three of these pictures were taken standing in the same place. In photo one you can see the bath house and it would be a little bit of a walk. The primitive camping area is large, we wouldn't have to worry about having enough space. Primitive camp sites are $14 per night (you are allowed two tents per site so cost can be split)

If you want water and electric you will have to get a modern camping site and they are just on the other side of the bath house from the primitive. Modern sites are $19 per night and have paved access. I imagine you might be in a sea of RV's in this area. Again two tents are allowed per site so cost could be split.

And lastly for those that don't like to rough it there are cabins available. There are deluxe and rustic available. Deluxe is $85 per night and rustic in $84. The Cabins do have bathrooms in them.

The main difference is the deluxe have two queen beds and satellite TV. These say they sleep 4, but I'm not sharing a queen size bed with any of you. The rustic say they sleep six and have two full size beds and one bunk bed and NO satellite TV. I imagine the rustic are about like the cabins at OHSTOC. Both cabin tye have a fridge, stove, heat and A/C. No linens, utensils, or cookware though.

This is a rustic cabin and there are three of them right across from the bath house near the primitive camping (Cabin 22,23, and 24)

With this location everyone can stay in the area they wish and everyone will still be pretty close to each other.
    Last edited by Landon; 03-10-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Landon
    12 Kawasaki C14
    If I die ridin', I died smilin'

Landon
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki C14
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Re: CampSTOC XIII- Salem, IN- May 4-7th, 2017

Well here you go. I will be working on routes and meal plans in the near future.

Would you rather eat at the Campgrounds or travel a few miles to town for a decent meal?

Bike
    ST-1200
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: CampSTOC XIII- Scottsburg, IN- May 4-7th, 2017

Thanks Landon! This is looking VERY interesting.. can't remember if I've ever been to IN on a motorcycle.. might have to fill in that state...

As for eating.. it's not a priority to me.. I can go with the flow or just pack something for munching on while enjoying the landscape.

My Gallery

Thanks for doing all the legwork for this!!!
    You are now an Official Cat Herder!!!

"Too often. . .I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.?

Bike
    2007 Honda ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Got this on the calendar! Now, anyone gonna lead some rides?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Bike
    '01 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: CampSTOC XIII- Salem, IN- May 4-7th, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Well here you go. I will be working on routes and meal plans in the near future.

Would you rather eat at the Campgrounds or travel a few miles to town for a decent meal?

Coffee and snacks at the campground and go into town for most meals. Maybe pizza can be delivered on Sat. nite?

Landon
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki C14
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ST-V4ever View Post
    Got this on the calendar! Now, anyone gonna lead some rides?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk
    I'll be working on routes the next couple of weeks. I will plan to lead a ride at least one of the two days. Maybe both, we will have to see as the time gets closer. There are some hiking trails right off the park and I may spend one day doing some hiking as I am training to hike up Pikes Peak in June.

Bike
    '01 ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I'll be working on routes the next couple of weeks. I will plan to lead a ride at least one of the two days. Maybe both, we will have to see as the time gets closer. There are some hiking trails right off the park and I may spend one day doing some hiking as I am training to hike up Pikes Peak in June.
    That is cool about hiking Pikes Peak! Are you doing a round trip or will you take the cog train back down?

Ray

Landon
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki C14
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by STraymond View Post
    That is cool about hiking Pikes Peak! Are you doing a round trip or will you take the cog train back down?

Ray
    We are planning to ride the cog train back down.

Landon
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2012 Kawasaki C14
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

There surely has to be more than 3 people interested in getting out and riding for a weekend!

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast