Is it wrong to like std exhausts!!

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi folks
I'm one week in with the new ST, loving it, for a 98 model its honestly like id imagine a new one was back in the day, the engine is hardly even broken in.

I was going to take the stainless motad system off my 99 model and fit to the new bike BUT I actually like the sound of the STD exhausts and you have the bonus of not having mess about when removing the wheel, lm also a pretty good welder so when the exhaust starts to go I can patch as required.

Am I the only one that likes the STD pipes burble

Cheers
Chris

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Its an all year round bike so I'm washing it down daily to keep the salt at bay, noticed you have a green one too upt north!!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I too like the stock exhaust. My first ST1100 had aftermarket. After about a year, I couldn't stand them anymore and got some stockers. My current ST11 also has stock exhaust. I wouldn't run anything else. I hate loud street bikes, although I think the stock exhaust on sport bikes sounds great.

OP
OP
caddyman
Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Uncle Phil, my 99 is the blue and gold, but I have to admit that I really like the green, its a very deep and shiny paint :grn11:

STOC #
I like the stock exhaust too. I noticed I can squeak by more cops with this bike than some of the ones I had before.
Oh oh, I'm cruising at 70 in a 55 zone, and there is a parked police car. i glanced out of the corner of my eye as I went by and he never even looked up.
He must have been doing some paperwork or something.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I like a nice quiet exhaust. The closer my bike sounds like a sewing machine , the better I like it. OEM is just fine. And my Etymotic ear buds and Sirius XM radio make it seem even quieter.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Uncle Phil, my 99 is the blue and gold, but I have to admit that I really like the green, its a very deep and shiny paint :grn11:
You could get the green ones in Canada, IIRC. But we only got red, an 'almost' wineberry, wineberry, black, silver and white if you got a police model. I just really liked the blue model but then the green is pretty too! :D

Top Bottom