2013 Super Tenere

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Tim, my poor Tenere has been sitting in the shop since last Sept or Oct. I wish we were closer in distance so I could let you take the seat for a week or until I need it again.
Thanks Randy, wish we could do that too. BTW, do you have the original foam from your seat, you removed to do the SC mod? I'm gonna email Terry later and see if he can work with my seat foam for his Mod or if it has to be virgin.
I rode 280 miles this afternoon. This seat just ain't gonna cut it!

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Are you looking to buy or borrow a seat? I have a new front and rear I'm not using if you need to borrow but I don't want to sell either. Mike
I got an email response from Terry. He can use my seat/foam as is. Made payment this morning to get on his list.They send an email notice when he is within 10-14 days from starting it.
If loaning me your seat is still available, that would be great!
If you have a way to bring it with you to Ranch, that would be great too! If not, I'll either ride over or pay for shipping.
Thanks,

I have a 2012 Tenere. Used a Seat Concepts for a year, last year had Terry build me a seat - it is great. Have ridden many 800+ mile days.

I have stock foam and cover if that helps but it sounds like Bug has you covered. (just sold my seat concepts 2 weeks ago). Let me know,

Cheers, Jack

(PS - I think that Mike said the seat was new - that is good as I would be afraid to put my *** anywhere his has been)

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
I have a 2012 Tenere. Used a Seat Concepts for a year, last year had Terry build me a seat - it is great. Have ridden many 800+ mile days.

I have stock foam and cover if that helps but it sounds like Bug has you covered. (just sold my seat concepts 2 weeks ago). Let me know,

Cheers, Jack

(PS - I think that Mike said the seat was new - that is good as I would be afraid to put my *** anywhere his has been)
Jack, thanks for the offer.
Yep, I think Bug's help will make it work for me.... I know what you mean about the "new seat". ;-)

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I know that Bug tried a Russell seat on his '13, but didn't like it. What was the reason? Just too high, or what? I'll probably have an S10 in the next year, or so.

Mike - What happened with the Versys?

Last edited:

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Still have the Versys. Both are resting comfortably in the garage as I've had too much going on to ride at all.

I tried a used Russell and promptly sold it. The RDL felt like it lifted me up about five inches. I could barely put one foot down motocross style when stopped. It was very comfortable when moving though. Long-legged species might find the RDL suitable though.
Mike

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Well Terry is now ahead of schedule so...
Old Stock Seat on it's way to TN today.
20170413_205507~2.jpg
New temporary "Redneck Version" in place for short rides, until real seat returns (please don't laugh) :).
20170413_205432~2.jpg
20170413_205445~2.jpg

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Hahaha Tim, I do have a seat pad you could use?
Thanks Gary, I think I'm good right now. Just hope it doesn't take long to get the new one back.
Rode about 50 miles on it yesterday after work...not to bad.

OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Well, I've owned my Super T just over 13 months and about 19.2K added to the clock, now.
Probably my only real complaint would be the "goosey" throttle sometimes at low mph/rpm on rough ground/trails. Not terrible, just not as smooth as it could be. It is so easy and fun to ride. I did have to replace fork seals last month...man, when they start leaking just change them out. Right fork seal started leaking, then within 100 miles the left started leaking. I tried laying it over and using the little film/plastic strip to clean debris out, slowed leaks down a little but not totally.
Had local shop do the 24K valve check today at 28K. All valves within spec and cost $262, not to bad. Guess she is good for another 50K or so. :)
Ride Safe

Last edited:
OP
OP
TOS

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Sounds like you are a very happy ST owner. :D They are a great bike.
Well, at least I did post it in the Yamaha Forum, of the ST site. :)
I feel very fortunate to have 2 great Moto's to ride.... I feel I've come along way from that 1969 Yamaha 80 Trail Master, when I was 13. Although, it put an Extra Large Smile on my face too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom