Sensor

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
You will have to remove the inner cowl to get to it though. There 2 push pins up by the fairings pocket on the inside by the forks. Push in on the middle of these with a small screw driver til you feel them release, then remove them. There are 4 or 5 push pins that hold the inner fairing in that you just pull out on the head to release and remove them. The upper most pin is slightly different than the others so keep it separate. A pair of needle nose pliers will help presuade sticking pins. There is then one Phillips screw to also remove just below the headlight. When putting this screw back in make sure all of the parts are aligned correctly so that the shoulder of the screw bottoms out without pinching any parts.

Then flex the bottom tab out of the slot and reach up and unplug the sensor. Then slide the inner down and out.

Reverse to install.

Last edited:
Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Thanks 45.80 at Ron Ayers. Is it hard to install. Seems it would be easy.
Not as long as you install it on the right ( I mean "correct" ) side. SORRY, couldn't resist. Typically, this much banter is saved for talking about a RTE...you can tell the natives are getting restless for MLR and the "official" start of the season !

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
How exactly did you mangle it, and which part did you damage? Did you damage the white connector or screw? or did you damage the plastic cowl that it goes into? If you yanked it out of the cowl and damaged that part? If so it would be a different part number that I gave you.
Let us know, I would be glad to look up the correct part number for you.
Pictures?
Don't mind the banter, we are all just trying to help.
Igofar

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I use port and starboard. Doesn't matter which way you are facing and it never changes. That should be the way for vehicles without a driver and passenger side.
So says me anyway.
Port and starboard...:think1:...your right it never changes, but it would still matter if you were facing the vehicle, or sitting on the vehicle :rofl1:
Sorry, could not resist that one. :shrug1: Not being able to ride or use my hands to help folks is driving me nuts :nuts1:

OP
OP
STmark1300
Bike
ST1300
I will photo it tonight. I crimped it, and felt some of the plastic in my hand. I will look at it much closer tonight. I have all the plastic off, since I just mounted a Denali, and reworked the cruise control. Those two projects are done. I am waiting for a Honda accessory harness and to install a fuzbox. And I said I was not going to fool with the electric. I guess this is a good time to ask questions while you guys are waiting for spring. I'll get the picture.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Please refresh my memory - I think I have seen references to Denali on here before, but can't remember what it related to. I just tried Google search, but I don't think you're talking about a GMC Yukon or a National Park in Alaska.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I thought about putting the plastic on with the nice weather, but they promise snow for the weekend.
They are saying possible snow in NC this weekend also. The whole state will shut down. WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! Seriously, if the weather man said possible snow in July in the Carolina's, schools would close, just in case.
Me? I drive a Jeep, I laugh at snow here, I'm used to 6 foot plus.
Was working on my plastic the other day, totally forgot about than sensor until I got the inners in.....gah!

Bike
Honda 2002 1100
On boats there's a port side and starboard side port is left starboard is Right facing the bow

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Not true with all Motorcycles. Harley Davidson's front brake rotors are a perfect example, the rotors are stamped LEFT and RIGHT, however, the one clearly marked LEFT belongs on the right side of the bike from the riders seated position.
Harley Davidson service manuals indicate that the relation is with the mechanic standing in front of the motorcycle facing it.
Harley Davidson is not the only motorcycle to use this method.
That is why I included the caveat unless they specify otherwise. In your example they did specify otherwise. It is only a general rule as far as I know and we all know how many exceptions there are to general rules.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
On boats there's a port side and starboard side port is left starboard is Right facing the bow

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk
That's if you were on the boat, if you were on the dock, or in the water, my starboard would be the boats port :rofl1:

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Harley Davidson service manuals indicate that the relation is with the mechanic standing in front of the motorcycle facing it.
Jeez, glad they don't make cars. I can see it now, the passenger side is considered "left" and the drivers side "right". You could actually own an American car with "right hand drive", and signal a left turn by sticking your "right" arm out the window.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Resized_20170307_172513.jpegResized_20170307_172523(1).jpeg It does not seem to bad. What do you think?
It appears that all you did was break off the protective cage that was covering the sensor. If it still works then I would leave it be until it doesn't. It won't leave you stranded anywhere if it quits working.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I think I have seen references to Denali on here before, but can't remember what it related to.
Denali also makes auxiliary lights sold by Twisted Throttle and maybe others. I didn't know they made a horn.

Bike
07 ST1300
Port and starboard...:think1:...your right it never changes, but it would still matter if you were facing the vehicle, or sitting on the vehicle :rofl1:
Sorry, could not resist that one. :shrug1: Not being able to ride or use my hands to help folks is driving me nuts :nuts1:
It never changes Larry. No matter what. Facing, sitting or not even there. Port never becomes starboard etc etc..

:BDH:

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
It appears that all you did was break off the protective cage that was covering the sensor. If it still works then I would leave it be until it doesn't. It won't leave you stranded anywhere if it quits working.
I have to wonder if the accuracy of its response will be suspect with the protective cage missing?

Top Bottom