Pirelli angel gt's

On my second set of angel gt's, Great tire, great handling, even in wet weather. last set 13,800miles.
was using Dunlop road smarts. till switch. stealthrider06

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I had a set of Angel GT's on my R1200RT. I'd buy them again. Currently I'm running Metzeler Roadtec 01's which I also like and would buy again. I had heavy spec versions of both.

In between I ran a set of Pilot Road GT's (also the heavy spec) and found them so-so. They felt sluggish in terms of handling compared to the GT's or 01's. They didn't last longer than anything else I've used either, so given their price premium, I don't plan to get them again.

All that said, get tires that are black and round and fit properly, then go ride.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Glad to hear it. That's a great wear rate. Word of caution,,, something to watch for. Reports are that the GT's show cords immediately after hitting the wear indicators !! Did you see that ?? Cat'

On my second set of angel gt's, Great tire, great handling, even in wet weather. last set 13,800miles.
was using Dunlop road smarts. till switch. stealthrider06

Bike
2010 ST1300
I'm happy with my Angel GT's too. Have not tried enough different tires to really know if these are better than all the rest or if they are just very good for me, but I love them. Only fly in the ointment is the carcass is so stiff I couldn't try the wire tie method of mounting them.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
SMSW,,, did you choose the A-spec rear Angel GT tire ?? Cat'

I'm happy with my Angel GT's too. Have not tried enough different tires to really know if these are better than all the rest or if they are just very good for me, but I love them. Only fly in the ointment is the carcass is so stiff I couldn't try the wire tie method of mounting them.

Bike
2012 ST1300
Glad to hear it. That's a great wear rate. Word of caution,,, something to watch for. Reports are that the GT's show cords immediately after hitting the wear indicators !! Did you see that ?? Cat'
I ran a set of Angel Gts, at about 7,400 miles the steal cords were reflecting the sun nicely! Riding two up from Omaha to Spearfish SD I thought I had plenty of rubber left. Come Saturday morning time to head home walking up behind the bike I see the belts shinning! Might just have been the two up with camping gear but they went away fast!

Bike
2010 ST1300
SMSW,,, did you choose the A-spec rear Angel GT tire ?? Cat'
Cat, tell me where to look on the tire and I'll get back to you on this. I read about the A vs whatever in another thread, but someone said that the tire only came one way in the right size for an ST1300. I got what was available.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Cat, tell me where to look on the tire and I'll get back to you on this. I read about the A vs whatever in another thread, but someone said that the tire only came one way in the right size for an ST1300. I got what was available.
The A spec rear tire does NOT come in the standard 170/60 size of the ST1300. It comes in the 180/55 size which fits the ST OK as well.

If you got an A spec tire, it would not be the standard size.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
drrod is correct. I got the A spec,, as it was enhanced (stiffer carcass) for sport touring bikes. I can't detect any performance difference from the oem size,, and would say any impact on handling and mileage is negligible. Personally,,, I will stick with the A-spec. Cat'

The A spec rear tire does NOT come in the standard 170/60 size of the ST1300. It comes in the 180/55 size which fits the ST OK as well.

If you got an A spec tire, it would not be the standard size.

Bike
2010 ST1300
drrod is correct. I got the A spec,, as it was enhanced (stiffer carcass) for sport touring bikes. I can't detect any performance difference from the oem size,, and would say any impact on handling and mileage is negligible. Personally,,, I will stick with the A-spec. Cat'
Yup, I got the 170/60 ZR. I am not a hot rider by any means. Of course I love the group rides at STOC events - and I fall somewhere in the middle of the pack, but I really doubt that I come close to the capabilities of any of the tires available for this bike. What I looked for was a tire that did not slip on tar snakes and that had wet traction. And, yes, I've found the Angel GT's do slip on the snakes or white painted lines on the roads when I'm pushing it. Other than that, they feel wonderful to me.

I have the standard fitment GTs on for about 2k miles. Tough to say how much wear to date, but love their handling. My old Stones 020 liked to track every seam and ridge in the road surface, the GTs eliminated this. :D I would do them again.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I put a set on mine here a few weeks ago and got a little over a 1000 miles on them and like them so far. Had two sets of Micheline GT4's and liked those but wanted to try something different. Have not tested these in the rain where the GT4 was very good.

Top Bottom