BamaRider adds to stable the- new CB 1100 Ex

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300
When you get yours, please let us know how you like it. I want the CB1100 as my second bike. Rode one and almost moved on one before I got my ST. I love the cafe look.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Turned over 29,000 miles on my 14 DLX tonight. It's been flawless

OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
Thats what I'm tawkin about!! Gawd you gotta love that throaty in line 4 sound out the megaphone mufflers!!

No, I'm not gonna ride it to California, I have bikes for that, but what I will do is ride to my hearts content on the roads and city I grew up on. It will be easy to ride, easy to park, looks and sounds cool, and just a all around fun bike. I can get it out of the garage quickly and on the road in seconds. It doesn't have a lot of extras, but I'm not asking for any of that.

I recently rode my brother's 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1100, one of the last UJM bikes made before the dawn of the transformer bikes. I'd forgotten what it felt like to ride a nonfaired bike through the countryside. My brother works for fulltime and also owns a 2014 Connie, and has been neglecting his ZRX so he asked me to come ride it, because it was in dire need. I rode 125 miles before returning it, and I had the biggest grin.

So easy to move in city traffic, no heat cooking me in summer via all the plastic on my ST 1300. The CB will compliment my array of sport touring bikes, and will fill a niche(scratch) that needed tending for years. Don't get me wrong I love my sport touring bikes, they can't be beat for what the do ( haul buggy across the country in comfort) but this little CB 1100 does something to me.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
BamaRider said:
easy to ride, easy to park, looks and sounds cool, and just a all around fun bike. I can get it out of the garage quickly and on the road in seconds. It doesn't have a lot of extras
That's exactly what I would want in a second bike. I am totally envious! Especially the 'sounds cool' bit. I love my 750-4's pockita-pockita idle and crisp 'throaty' growl at speed and it was never fatiguing.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
So easy to move in city traffic, no heat cooking me in summer via all the plastic on my ST 1300. The CB will compliment my array of sport touring bikes, and will fill a niche(scratch) that needed tending for years. Don't get me wrong I love my sport touring bikes, they can't be beat for what the do ( haul buggy across the country in comfort) but this little CB 1100 does something to me.
Well, right tool for the job about sums it up. There's a lot to be said for having a bike that moves you in the right direction on the right day. At least you've got a few to choose from now.

Heck - you worked hard for that pension: may as well use it!

OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
East got online and said-

"Heck - you worked hard for that pension: may as well use it!"

Well yeah, spending money was never something that bothered me, after all they're gonna direct deposit me again next month LOL. No need to bank it, I can't take it with me.

I put in the paperwork for SSI soon, gonna go ahead and let em send that check also, and I'll do my part to stimulate the economy with it. Getting older does have its perks, it offsets the stuff like where I put my keys, wallet, or showing up on the wrong day for a haircut. Lady said, "you're appt is tomorrow." "Today is not wednesday?" "No today is Tues."

Not spoke to the dealer recently so I guess nothing has changed from early June delivery date.

Last edited:

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Wait until you change your oil and filter for the first time. So easy compared to the ST (although the filter might be on kinda tight from the factory)

OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
My brother is on his way to pick me up in his F150 for the ride to Corinth, Ms to pick up my CB 1100 EX. It delivered yesterday and dealer advised she was all set to go. He added it is sitting on his show room floor pretty as can be, and has garnered great interest while on display. I told him NOT to let anyone sit on it, and make sure the sold tag is visible. We're gonna spend the night in Tupelo tonight and finish the last 30 miles in the morning.

I'll have a 250 mile ride home tommorrow, and will use the time to bond with my new "old" bike.

I'll have pics and video of the CB on my website in a few days.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
That's great Guy. I'm excited for you... should be a great ride back. Look forward to some pics.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Should be an exciting ride home! :mcrider:

Just remember to duck for the bugs, since you won't have a windshield out in front to keep you from getting splattered! ;)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
Just remember to duck for the bugs, since you won't have a windshield out in front to keep you from getting splattered!
With a face shield and tear-offs he'd be golden!

I really like that 1100EX. If it were belt drive I'd own one. That yellow is pretty as can be! I couldn't afford one in every color but buying two extra tanks would be easy!

OP
OP
BamaRider

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
Home. I looooove this bike. I have a brief summary on the 1100 after my ride home with a few pics on my website. Click there and look for the link on What's New. I'll add more as I spend time with it. So check back often.

Top Bottom