where to buy thermostat and help on strip down.

OP
OP
Bike
pan european st1300
its like a different bike, no more chattering from gears due to balance shafts now set
no more overheating as the fans now running correctly
and yes it's made a big difference to miles per gallon.
rode her on a ride out next day only 135 miles covered but
definitely a difference in fuel usage. thanks to the PDF files they were a massive help. and im sure with fresh oil and new coolant that alone makes a big difference.
many thanks for help lads....my next post will be pictures of her at different locations on ride outs....Gary.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
FWIW solely as a point of reference over the past 58, 800 KM I have averaged the following fuel efficiency in your choice of measurement;
12.3 Miles/L
19.8 KM/L
5.1 L/100 KM
55.9 MPG (UK)
46.6 MPG (US)

When my thermostat failed i just binned it and ran the bike without. It never missed a beat until the merc smashed into it last year

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
No thermostat would change the temperature at which the engine operates as there is no longer a thermostat to regulate it. Curious to know if you ever noticed an increase in fuel consumption when riding in cooler/cold weather?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
The Turbo City replacement thermostat worked very well and was a popular replacement choice. Unfortunately it is no longer being manufactured.

I don't know off hand of another substitute for the Honda thermostat. If there is one someone will be along to give you the details.

Top Bottom