CO: Tag

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
We're riding out of Cortez, CO, today. In addition to finding the Colorado Tag, Desmo Steve and I rode six passes today: Gypsum Pass, Dallas Divide, Red Mountain Pass, Molas Pass, Coal Bank Pass, and Lizard Head Pass.

Here's the old tag, Stoner Ranch on CO 145:

Colorado 2015 013 (Medium).jpg

Here's the new tag:

Colorado 2015 016 (Medium).jpg

We had some better ones that would have moved the tag farther away, but they were taken yesterday and earlier in the day today. (Gotta follow the rules...)

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Anyone out on the western slope willing to move it a little closer to the middle of the state?
Two months is not a record for how long a tag has not moved but this must be a first for prime riding season.
If it does not move soon it may stay there until next RockSToc :rolleyes:

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
And a great ride it was, you have given us a great event in a great location. Thanks for this year and I am looking forward to next year.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Seems I recall reading here a day or two ago someone teasing us workies with the fact he can ride on "Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays"... Wonder why he's not riding on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, moving the tag!!
:D

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Seems I recall reading here a day or two ago someone teasing us workies with the fact he can ride on "Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays"... Wonder why he's not riding on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, moving the tag!!
Yeah - what he said! :D

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Because I am in OK city on my way to meet some friends in Mena AR. So for Wednesday
and Thursday
I have about 1000 miles riden. Going to do some AR riding. See you when I get back.

Last edited:
Bike
06 Honda ST1300
How far is the tag from COS? I don't mind a 12hr round trip...anything more is too gruelling for me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
When are you planning to go? I was thinking about getting it Friday.:06biker:

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Temporary OD for riding, 13 hours and 700 miles. Great ride, lots of gold and red leave, lots of wind blowing the leaves off.
Old tag

New tag

So who did I pass in Ridgeway around noon?

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
I tried going down that road about two months ago, it was dirt and I have had enough of that. If it's paved now I'll be heading there Saturday....hope no one gets it....now where to drop it?

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Hi Chuck, nice tag, thanks for the road report, and welcome back home.

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Ok..first time doing this tag thing....

And the new one...

One of my favorite spots overlooking Boulder called Panorama Point, Google map it, its easy to get to. After, keep on going up the mountain, lots of good turns but don't go too far because it turns to dirt.

Last edited:

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Depends on how you want to play....

Tag started as a thing to get folks out riding... But has turned into hide n seek. Pretty much why I don't participate much anymore.

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Depends on how you want to play....

Tag started as a thing to get folks out riding... But has turned into hide n seek. Pretty much why I don't participate much anymore.
Yeah...not so much into guessing...if it has a few hints that are easy to figure out, then maybe. Anyone who rides around Boulder should know this spot and if not then you should.

Top Bottom