CO: Tag

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
New TagView attachment 168191

Guanella Pass is now paved all the way over from Grant to Georgetown. It is now easer to get to the Georgetown Rail Loop.

Here is better shot. View attachment 168194
I am SO glad you put thus tag here and said the road was finished, what an amazing road...it will be an every weekend route as I go north, forget 105 and 470 to get to Golden and Boulder area.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Yeah...not so much into guessing...if it has a few hints that are easy to figure out, then maybe. Anyone who rides around Boulder should know this spot and if not then you should.

Looks like it is up BaseLine Rd which turns into Flagstaff Rd. Am I correct. Have not been up there in a couple years now.

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Looks like it is up BaseLine Rd which turns into Flagstaff Rd. Am I correct. Have not been up there in a couple years now.
I believe that is the road, there is a big park at the bottom and the road just comes out of a neighborhood up into the mountain. There is a nice reservoir up there too but it's dirt. I did it I'm my Escape and thought the ST would do OK. I tried it and chickened out.

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Beginning of ride and Tag, on the way to drop it.

Bad news, had such a good time ridding I forgot the second part...I remembered as I got off of I24...consider the location not moved. If it is there next weekend I'll try again.

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Beginning of ride and Tag, on the way to drop it.

Bad news, had such a good time ridding I forgot the second part...I remembered as I got off of I24...consider the location not moved. If it is there next weekend I'll try again.
Yep, until you've posted the new tag, the old one is still in play (anyone can move it). However, we've been pretty slow in moving the CO tag the last couple years, so perhaps you will still be able to establish the new tag next weekend.
:)

By the way, do you have a name we use to address you other than 'cchassey' (a first name perhaps)?

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Chris or CJ. If the weather is good next weekend I'll try it again. I need to think of a place, I am usually gong to fast to stop at anything interesting. Got to have a plan.

Last edited:
Bike
06 Honda ST1300
This is a fun game....I would not have gone to Camp George if not for the tag. Besides the inmates the old building were impressive and a motorcycle cop I spoke with pointed dome cool things. This picture is a tunnel that goes under the street used to move ammunition according to him. Strang the left the door open so I could go in....not too far as I imagined giant rats in the dark. uploadfromtaptalk1457846839422.jpguploadfromtaptalk1457846850170.jpg

jgfried

Team Colorado
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Have not been there since we climbed that trail in Boy Scouts. It was August, we had ice for water the next morning after camping half way up. Good move.

Bike
2013 K1600GT
In 1979 I was stationed at Camp George West, the big rock building on the West side of the street, at the main entrance. HHD 5th Bn 19th Special Forces GRP ABN. Was there until 81' then went to
A-Co, on Buckley Air Force Base (National Guard Base at the time) I went to Basic NCO Academy at CGW. Stayed in the Barracks next to the Compound for inmates. They were funny. We had 2 females in our
school. Inmates would cheer, harrass them during morning PT. Ran up that hill a bunch of times!

Bike
2003 ST 1300
Ok..first time doing this tag thing....
And the new one...

One of my favorite spots overlooking Boulder called Panorama Point, Google map it, its easy to get to. After, keep on going up the mountain, lots of good turns but don't go too far because it turns to dirt.

This summer I learned that there are two Panoramas in Boulder. The other one, if this photo is looking east at CU, is further to the east but has an equally awesome view of Boulder.

Top Bottom