TX-South: Tag

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #
Might need a small hint on this one. So far my google search hasn't found a whole lot. Well, it found a whole lot, just nothing relevant...

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #
Well, zooming in didn't help me read anything, but I took a few stabs at the picture and finally figured it out. I'm still not sure how I did it, but got lucky.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
24 hrs for a hint that actually helps or it will revert to the previous tag... let's make this about riding and not hiding places where the tag ends up sitting or it turns folks off to the game... Give the exact location if you like, someone still has to ride there, which is the point of the game.

23:59:59
23:59:58

Bike
1997 ST 1100 GL1800
STOC #
GEZZZZZZ, no problem folks. Ride to Rockne Texas to Rockne Museum and take a photo of Knute Rockne's bust. The plaque has his name on it. I suppose everyone knew instantly where the previous tag was by a photo of a fish.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I suppose everyone knew instantly where the previous tag was by a photo of a fish.
A hint wasn't asked for on that one..

Thanks for the info and keeping the game alive.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
GEZZZZZZ, no problem folks. Ride to Rockne Texas to Rockne Museum and take a photo of Knute Rockne's bust. The plaque has his name on it. I suppose everyone knew instantly where the previous tag was by a photo of a fish.
Everyone's been to P.A.!! Nobody cares about football....HAHA

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
STing

Good grab and good tag. Yours was just a little too difficult without a hint. I tried enlarging it to read the plaque but no luck.
The tarpon seemed unique enough that a google search wasn't too bad but was prepared to give a good hint.
Ok to make it a little interesting for a short while but if only one person can figure it out it sure slows down the game. We don't have many playing anyway.
Also putting the tag in far distant places or in the middle of Houston while legal can also slow the game down considerably.
Ride and have fun....

Bike
1997 ST 1100 GL1800
STOC #

Sorry it seemed so difficult. This photo would have been posted shortly as a hint, however when I perceived out of state a** chewing, I figured I would just lay it out on the table. I could not get my scooter any closer in the original photo due to landscaping and mesquite thorns.

Sorry again for such an uproar.

BTW, not everybody. has been to Port Aransas or knows a Tarpon from a minnow. However, really enjoyed the detective work figuring out the what and where of that fish.

Let the Game continue, I'll try to do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Sorry it seemed so difficult. This photo would have been posted shortly as a hint, however when I perceived out of state a** chewing, I figured I would just lay it out on the table. I could not get my scooter any closer in the original photo due to landscaping and mesquite thorns.

BTW, not everybody. has been to Port Aransas or knows a Tarpon from a minnow. However, really enjoyed the detective work figuring out the what and where of that fish.

No chewing here, Myself and others who like to play tag just like to know where and the heck we are going to ride to today. Thank you for the clarification on the location of the tag. :D

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought your first hint worked fine - pre 1950 Football coach. I figured it out by dumb luck before that, but even after zooming in I couldn't make anything out to tell about it. I kept trying to make it LBJ. I could just picture that along the Highway by his ranch. I was way off :( ... On the previous tag, I just googled every animal in the picture and added statue. Popped up in the image search. Not recognizing Rockne, I was getting all kinds of hits. It did give me a few new ideas for future tags though...

The reason I asked for a hint was I couldn't figure it out just on what I saw AND I was heading to Buda for about an hour yesterday. Thought since you were out of Kyle, if the new tag was on that side of 35 and close, I could grab it while I was down there. Turned out the trip was even shorter - but at least I got to put some miles on the bike before the rains hit...:biker:

Last edited:
Top Bottom