AZ: Tag

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I'll bet if it came with a free slice of pie, I'd have gotten it by now.... LMBO
Go back to the 191 and go south to Wilcox and then go to Stout's Cider Mill.
You can thank me later...
Oh... and if you have a top box you can get a whole pie to take home (they use 9lbs of apples to start! :) )

You're welcome!

P.S.
It probably will not be free...

2 years and counting. Too bad it's only a 4 hour one way ride from Phx Metro. I hear there is pie to the South. :03biker:

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
It appears the older posts on this thread have been archived somehow? I don't see them anymore.
Can I get another hint on where the tag resides currently? I might have a chance to go get it.

Edit: nevermind. If it's still on the AZ-NM border then I know where it's at.

Last edited:
Hwy 78 and the east border of AZ is what I understand. Go, Go, Go, enjoy the ride while the weather is fine!

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
while the weather is fine!
I'll have you know that I rode through the night in very cold, rainy weather to get this tag. It was rainy, wet, damp, stormy, wet, rainy, dark and wet.
When I stopped for a bite to eat in Safford, I stood outside and shook off as much water as possible. I guess it wasn't enough. Oops! :(
2018-02-19 19.21.46.jpg

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Old tag: (did I mention it was dark, and wet?) I took lots of photos but it was so dark and rainy I couldn't get anything much better than this. This was a very lonely road at night. To the right you can see the fence from the original tag. And here is a street view of the same location from google maps, if that helps. On a positive note, I spent the day before in New Mexico and got to see the Very Large Array again. I highly recommend a visit. It will make you feel small. Fill your gas tank before you go.
FJR-NM AZ border.jpg

New tag: Steele Visitor Center, Flagstaff.
FJR-Steele Visitor Center Flagstaff.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Slydynbye

Will ride for Pie
Bike
2000 ABSII
STOC #
Old tag: (did I mention it was dark, and wet?) I took lots of photos but it was so dark and rainy I couldn't get anything much better than this. This was a very lonely road at night. To the right you can see the fence from the original tag. And here is a street view of the same location from google maps, if that helps. On a positive note, I spent the day before in New Mexico and got to see the Very Large Array again. I highly recommend a visit. It will make you feel small. Fill your gas tank before you go.
FJR-NM AZ border.jpg

New tag: Steele Visitor Center, Flagstaff.
FJR-Steele Visitor Center Flagstaff.jpg
I'm not able to find a Steele visitor center, any more clues to the location? I might be passing through Flagstaff next month.

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Oops! My intention wasn't to obscure the location. I was able to find it in google so I figured it would be easy to locate.
This is at Lowell Observatory, inside Flagstaff. The weather should be really nice up there. Have a good ride. :)

The National "wildcard" tag is looking at bumping it at 6 months of no action. We seem to wait 6 months to go claim a tag. I guess AZ is too big with to few routes? Anybody headed towards Oatman? Vegas is just next door for another distraction.

Top Bottom