AZ: Tag

Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
HWY 78. The post is definitely inside AZ the welcome to New Mexico sign is another 50 ft up the other side of the road. 578 miles to move the AZ and NM tags. It was a good ride with the pillion.

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
bump
Do we need to recruit more members into this game? Where's a marketing major when you need one....

Tap tap tap
Checking for breath --------- Nope
Checking for pulse ---------- Nope
Checking for brain activity -------~--- Maybe.
Any thoughts from the AZ Riders or AZ Visitors?
Is this game dead and due for a reset?

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
Tap tap tap
Checking for breath --------- Nope
Checking for pulse ---------- Nope
Checking for brain activity -------~--- Maybe.
Any thoughts from the AZ Riders or AZ Visitors?
Is this game dead and due for a reset?
I would be up for a reset. I will visiting January 2017. I will be renting a bike for a day. I would happy to post one if find something interesting on my ride.

I would be up for a reset. I will visiting January 2017. I will be renting a bike for a day. I would happy to post one if find something interesting on my ride.
Do not know the rule, but feel the last tag post needs to approve or multiple AZ riders approve of a reset. Weather is soon to improve for long desert rides, maybe someone has plans to the east side of AZ.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
It's not my state so maybe I am speaking out of place, but I have to ask: what would a reset accomplish to rejuvenate the game? Is there something about the current tag's location that makes it untenable?

The MD tag (my home state) lay dormant and unmoved for 820 days at one point- AZ has yet to reach a year in the same location. And that 820 day spell was immediately preceded by what amounted to once-a-year activity. Here's an extract from my records for the MD tag (yes I am a nerd and I keep records of tag locations...); the columns are date of move,who moved it, nearest town, actual tag, and how many days it sat at that location:

7/28/2010juddspaintballsFrederickKey Memorial Chapel, Mt Olivet Cemetery3
7/31/2010BlrflFrederick (?)Covered bridge331
6/27/2011tmoneyCumberlandRocky Gap State Park entrance sign327
5/19/2012Steppin Up???Altamont Road intersection w/ ??820
8/17/2014BlrflWilliamsportFort Frederick49
10/5/2014Terran SinBoonsboroDevil's Backbone County Park167

I know MD is nowhere near the size of AZ, but there are enough riders who pass through AZ that I would think there would be opportunity for passers-though to get in on the action if you keep it relatively accessible from the preferred pass-through routes.

Good luck on whatever the AZ riders elect to do.

OP
OP
two_wheeled
Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
It will get tagged eventually when the weather cools down. The location is OK but quite distant for most people in the state. Lots of guys ride 191. Maybe we just need a marketing major to advertise this for us. ;)

Bike
'05 ST1300A
It will get tagged eventually when the weather cools down. The location is OK but quite distant for most people in the state. Lots of guys ride 191. Maybe we just need a marketing major to advertise this for us. ;)
I'll bet if it came with a free slice of pie, I'd have gotten it by now.... LMBO

Top Bottom