TX-North: Tag

Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
The new knee is fantastic. The doctor doing the work does make a huge difference. I did a lot of homework going into the surgery. A guy in Dallas, Dr. William Tucker, did my knee. My decision was positively confirmed the day after I left the hospital. (I had the surgery at 9 am, physical therapist was in my room for my first walk....before lunch. I spent one night in the hospital. I went home at 3 pm the day after) First day home, my (in home) physical therapist came to my front door for the first therapy treatment and I answered the door without cane, walker or any other device to stabilize my walk. First thing out of his mouth, "wow, you're doing great....you must have had Bill Tucker for the surgeon". These physical therapists work for lots of doctors and they see the differences.....each and every day.

I didn't use any pain meds post surgery. I was walking two or more miles a day.....only a week into my rehab. I have a bit of swelling when I do 15 mile hikes (like last week on a family vacation in Colorado....the fishing was great)....but NO PAIN. :)

I continue to use Celebrex (generic) for the swelling....as needed. (not often). Aside...Tucker uses a knee he developed and has built by one of the top medical device engineering firms.

Best of luck with your surgery!!!!

Last edited:
Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Seemed like time for this to move...and I'd been wanting to do a little Red River area exploring on the Adventure. Great tag, Forest.

Old.

IMG_5144.jpg

Brought it back a little closer to DFW

New.

IMG_5162.jpg

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I got that one too. That's a really steep slope in front of that sign... hard to find a spot to park the bike!

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Rats. Sort of ironic that it was used to move the last tag I had done, and by Mellow no less. #Doh! This pic is also from today so I'm happy to make it the new tag if that's allowed. Just to keep things from being too stale--although it doesn't move it all that far geographically.

IMG_5161.jpg

Last edited:

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
I rode the Texas Ozark trail today. I'll bet most will need to google that. Old tag was in Muenster new tag is a ways out west.

Attachments

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
I rode the Texas Ozark trail today. I'll bet most will need to google that. Old tag was in Muenster new tag is a ways out west.
One day ago...."I'm done moving tags"....whatever! :) Guessing it's an addiction.

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
Spent many days in Dimmitt growing up. I used to fly over there many evenings and buzz my 1st flight instructor's home. He'd drive over to the airport and we'd go back to his house and sit and talk flying and airplane stories for hours. He was a WWII instructor and a bush pilot in Alaska. His stories never ended. Great little town.

Last edited:

mstrong01

Site Supporter
Bike
96 ST1100
STOC #
Anybody planning on grabbing this heading to/coming back from RockSTOC? I'm heading to Colorado Sunday, probably make a grab if its still there.

Its been sitting there for months, just saying.... :D

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Anybody planning on grabbing this heading to/coming back from RockSTOC? I'm heading to Colorado Sunday, probably make a grab if its still there.

Its been sitting there for months, just saying.... :D
Please do, it's Stale!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'm planning on it in mid august but go for it if someone can.

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
But, if you move it to North TX instead of West TX a month earlier....

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
I'll keep an eye on it. Dave and I were talking about it. If he doesn't grab it on the way to Colorado, I might detour a little on my way to New Mexico on July 10.

Last edited:
Top Bottom