• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

TX: A to Z (Round 16)

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Re: TX: A to Z (Round 11)

Cool 37 degree ride this Thanksgiving morning to Keller

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I just noticed that your ST is parked in a "no man's land". A traffic court Judge told me once years ago that you are not supposed to park in those, but I didn't get a ticket for it. What I really want to know is are those running lights clear? I assume the turn signals flash amber.

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #

I just noticed that your ST is parked in a "no man's land". A traffic court Judge told me once years ago that you are not supposed to park in those, but I didn't get a ticket for it. What I really want to know is are those running lights clear? I assume the turn signals flash amber.
Yes, that parking is illegal. And yes the running lights are clear with amber blinkers (led switchbacks) got the smoke lenses on ebay from China. I like the look of all led in the front. Considering having the dash done this winter.

Bike
2006 ST non abs

Continuing the water tower theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #

I know, I know. Probably gettin tired of seeing Ravenna for the TX- R...but it's only about 35 miles from the house.
R= Ravenna
20171225_144004_HDR~2.jpg
Pic= Trying to block the sun...

I know, I know. Probably gettin tired of seeing Ravenna for the TX- R...but it's only about 35 miles from the house.
R= Ravenna
20171225_144004_HDR~2.jpg
Pic= Trying to block the sun...
It's not about how close it is to home, it's about an excuse to ride, like an RTE. :)

Appreciate someone north of the border snagging a letter - there are sooooo many 'R's in Texas.

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #

It's not about how close it is to home, it's about an excuse to ride, like an RTE. :)

Appreciate someone north of the border snagging a letter - there are sooooo many 'R's in Texas.
NP, gettin' ready for the Cold Front coming...saw a high this afternoon of 41*F. Rode over to and around Lake Bonham, just exploring. :)

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #

Sure, as long as they weren't previously posted and the intent of the ride was thus game.
Thanks Mellow, I rode over 15,000 miles this year, which is a lot for me with a full time job, part time job and family, I have to plan my trips carefully. I am a daily rider and have taken a liking to this game and have researched city locations and modified trip routes to pick up some hard to find letters while on trips. I have done all the alphabet in TX and OK in one day (each) I am considering doing AR next, although I don't think it's possible to do AR in 1 day. I still don't understand why AR is still on round 1 when so many people ride it.

Merry Christmas and happy safe riding in the new year's to come!

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #

Didn't know we could stockpile photos and post afterwards
I have taken pix of a couple letters in 1 ride before, but it's rare.
If I have a letter "in the bank", I give someone else 1 to 2 days before I post mine.

I have taken pix of a couple letters in 1 ride before, but it's rare.
If I have a letter "in the bank", I give someone else 1 to 2 days before I post mine.
When i got [Q]uintana the other day, on the ride back, i contemplated stopping at each town/village and snap a photo (i prob could have gotten 1/2 the alphabet), but figured it was a bit like "cheating". To me, it's about the ride to get a letter, not gathering snapshots in a day. Where i live, i could get 90% of letters within 2-3 hours, if not less. But that's just me rambling.

Top Bottom