ON-West: Tag

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
And I was thinking of taking a ride to Stratford this weekend but stuff got in the way. Nice move hope you had a good ride.

Gerhard

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Whatever you do, don't move the tag to the Cheltenham Badlands! They are being closed to the public at the end of May, potentially making it a wee bit more of a challenge:(

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Whatever you do, don't move the tag to the Cheltenham Badlands! They are being closed to the public at the end of May, potentially making it a wee bit more of a challenge:(
Wear and tear from the public? I'm happy to have already been there!

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
From what I've read somewhere, you are correct DeanR. The closure of the C'ham Badlands is temporary. It is necessary due to erosion caused by many people visiting. A plan is being developed to preserve yet still share the place with the public.

Jeff's Translation: "We're building a toll booth".

Gizmo

Dean
Bike
2014 Yamaha FJR
Yes, what i read is there is a plan to be developed, but the closure is anticipated to be in the neighbourhood of a couple of years. You should be able to build a pretty nice toll booth in the time, right?

OP
OP
Malks
STOC #
OK, I waited as long as I could. Finally a nice day to ride when I was not working.

Old:DSC00331.jpg

New:DSC00334.jpg

The new Tag was just not the same without the buffet.

Last edited:
Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I see what you mean Malks. All they're doing in there is selling and fixing bikes and atvs & stuff ... where's the beef? ... or was it pork?

And the new tag ...

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I am pretty sure I have seen this mural once or twice most days for the last 10 years or so. I was seriously considering going J&R on Saturday since no one moved it after onSToc and Cherie is working on Saturday. So if nobody beats me to it I will move it on Saturday.

Thanks for making it easy

Gerhard

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Today I was going to move it from there to his store, to make it even easier, but I chose to go to Two Wheel Motorsports to buy cycling pants instead..... well I thought about it!

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I am pretty sure I have seen this mural once or twice most days for the last 10 years or so. I was seriously considering going J&R on Saturday since no one moved it after onSToc and Cherie is working on Saturday. So if nobody beats me to it I will move it on Saturday.

Thanks for making it easy

Gerhard
If you need a hand I'm around Saturday Gerhard

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Thanks for the offer Robert, Lyle I took care of the move but if you want to meet for a ride I am pretty much certain I have the whole day free.

I had an idea of where to move the tag and then I saw Jeff's photo of the mural in Exeter and I thought why not take it where the subject of the mural has been moved to. It is a painting of Exeter's Railway Station and in the early 1990s Exeter lost it's Railway Station as it was moved 25 km or so to the west.

Gerhard

Top Bottom