• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

ON: A-Z (Round 9)

STrip

R.I.P. - 2023/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300 A
Good write up Gerd. If it were me my story for Jarvis would have gone something like I learned to drink beer at the American Hotel in Jarvis ... 10 cents per glass if I recall. :D
That sure brings back memories way back from the 70's when the American Hotel was the favorite watering hole for many locals.
It must have been a long drive home for you :beer3:

STrip

R.I.P. - 2023/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300 A
I lived in Hagersville at the time and periodically on a buddies coach in Jarvis.
Then we were unknowingly neighbors for a while just a few miles down the road in Caledonia for me, but never on anybody else's sofa. :sick1:

STOC #
I took a short ride this afternoon. Laurel is a small community just north-west of Orangeville. Not much more than a crossroads with an all-way stop and a few homes on each approach.

IMG_0262.jpg

Cucho

Carlos
Bike
2007 ST 1300A
Nice day to get M.

Mount Albert is an exurban community located within the Town of East Gwillimbury and is part of northern York Region. The population is currently about 2,700. The major industry is farming (livestock, feed, and potatoes).

Attachments

STOC #
While picking up the old Tag I took a detour slightly west in order to pick up the "O" photo. Other than the fact that Ospringe is located on Highway 124 between Erin and Guelph, I have no information on this hamlet.

DSC00333.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I felt the urge to go P today, so here it is..... a bit of a mystery to me, two Puslinch signs are on Hwy. 6 south of Morriston, and there is no store, Post Office or anything significant that one could call a village...... maybe 8 houses along this short stretch of highway. The real Puslinch is the township, and the Township office is a bit north just west of Aberfoyle. The township meets Guelph to the north, Cambridge to the west (Puslinch Lake, the largest kettle lake in North America apparently), Flamborough (Freelton) to the south, and Milton/Campbellville to the east. This is local to me and there are a few pleasant tree-lined roads to ride east and west, a couple of nearby Conservation Areas, and you see bikers, bicyclists, hikers out for Sunday type rides/walks in the area.

Attachments

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I went looking for Quarindale awhile ago. I'm pretty sure i found the right place but there's no sign anymore .

Queensville and Queenston exist. This site lists more. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_communities_in_Ontario#QQ
Been meaning to take a ride over to Queensville for a month or so and have just not had the time. Also not as many fun roads over that way so I end up riding more north than east. Maybe on my way back from TO on Friday I can take a slight detour and get the photo. Will have to see how it works out.

STOC #
Finally got over to Queensville on my way back from TO today. Just a little wet on the way down but a beautiful ride back up the 404 and across Queensville Sideroad and Canal Road.

IMG_0077.jpg

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Time to rock on.... Older but nice little town with some new neighbourhoods, and I'm told this bistro is a good spot to eat. Hey there's even an area for conversation if you want to talk about the days when once extracted limestone. Rockwood is on Hwy. 7 between Acton and Guelph, with the Eramosa river running towards the Grand River.

Attachments

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
"My back still hurts when I hear that word"

Nice to see the game moving along this late in the season, nice that you got out for a ride Dave.

Gerhard

Top Bottom