NJ: Tag

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Randy just focus on that therapy so you are ready for Moonshine I am doing an out and back this year so maybe we can ride together.

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Ken
Actually don't need to lower peg I am able to bend knee to 104 degrees so far! You are right about the mental part of therapy!!!

Steve
Sounds like a plan, we will talk as Moonshine gets closer!

Thanks!

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I got out today. Cool, but not cold. I had originally planned to ride to Hawks Nest, but by the time I got to Sussex, it was getting a little late so I turned around and headed home.

Here's the current tag. The shop appeared closed, but maybe their work is more seasonal:

before.jpg

And here's the new one. Clues if needed, just ask.

after.jpg

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I know where that is but I am getting new tires put on Saturday and they are forecasting 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow and temps are going way down again for the weekend. Oh well continue Moonshine prep.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I got out today. Cool, but not cold. I had originally planned to ride to Hawks Nest, but by the time I got to Sussex, it was getting a little late so I turned around and headed home.

Here's the current tag. The shop appeared closed, but maybe their work is more seasonal:

before.jpg

And here's the new one. Clues if needed, just ask.

after.jpg
Ok, I'll take a clue

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
New Tag:

Clue: You don't need a star to guide you to this little town in Hunterdon County as it is the same hamlet as in my first Tag post.
Only worked 1/2 day today. It was over 80° here in sunny NJ. It's a nice change. I gotta say Iron Bridge Rd is pretty interesting. Thanks for a great destination. I took thinks pretty slow being unfamiliar with the road and the one lane bridge.

iron brigde.jpg

And here's the next tag. It's also on a really nice road.

craigmeur.jpg

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Only worked 1/2 day today. It was over 80° here in sunny NJ. It's a nice change. I gotta say Iron Bridge Rd is pretty interesting. Thanks for a great destination. I took thinks pretty slow being unfamiliar with the road and the one lane bridge.

iron brigde.jpg

And here's the next tag. It's also on a really nice road.

craigmeur.jpg
Good show on the get. Iron Bridge Road is one of my favorites to take a group down to the bridge, pause on the yield, and then see the preceding bike disappear over the edge. Just a little taste of rural Hunterdon County and a little freaky if you have not done that before. Great view from the bridge btw.

Carry on.

Doc

Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
Clue: It is a very straight, very long driveway that leads to Kenilwood. In the 20's, it was clogged with liveried chauffeurs driving huge touring cars up to the front door to deposit Astors -- an ancestor had married Caroline Astor -- and Posts, Wilsons and Welleses.

After Kenilwood was sold by the descendants of the original owner, George B. Post Jr. -- founder of the Wall Street brokerage firm of Post and Flagg, whose father was the architect of the New York Stock Exchange, the house was bought by the developer, Harold Hamilton, who paid $5.25 million for it and 64 acres.

In the late 1980's, young neighborhood boys nervously scampered up the driveway to knock on the imposing oak door of the 1897 Gothic Revival stone mansion and ask for an autograph from the new owner, the heavyweight champion of the world.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
What's up Taggers?

No love for Iron Mike's former habitat?

FYI: watch out for the RAVINE and don't fall in the LAKE when you turn on the ROAD to the tag.

OP
OP
ddemair
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
It was not too wet today. It was a very nice with a mix of clouds and sun with temps in the low 60's.

Back in the day when I was bicycling much more seriously, I actually rode here from my home in Scotch Plains. A total distance of about 50 miles. But it was not the distance that made it challenging, it was the hills... something I hardly even noticed on my ST1300.
kenilwood.jpg

And here's the new tag. If you go, be aware of a short section of hard-packed gravel coming from the west. It's very rideable and brief, but sometimes they put down a new layer which makes it more interesting. If it's open, you may want to stop in for visit, especially if you're into birds of prey.
raptor_trust.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
It was not too wet today. It was a very nice with a mix of clouds and sun with temps in the low 60's.

Back in the day when I was bicycling much more seriously, I actually rode here from my home in Scotch Plains. A total distance of about 50 miles. But it was not the distance that made it challenging, it was the hills... something I hardly even noticed on my ST1300.
kenilwood.jpg

And here's the new tag. If you go, be aware of a short section of hard-packed gravel coming from the west. It's very rideable and brief, but sometimes they put down a new layer which makes it more interesting. If it's open, you may want to stop in for visit, especially if you're into birds of prey.
raptor_trust.jpg
Nice Grab!

Top Bottom