IL-Southern: Tag

Bike
ST1300
Tried to find it with Google satellite and street view but no joy. I won't have time to grab it without a pretty exact location and still finish the Moonshine SS1k. Maybe someone else can find it?
I tried finding it by google also and nothing showed up. Here is the location. 39.218238,-90.144074

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Well this Tag has sat long enough. I did manage to finally verify this on google earth. How did you ever locate this one Gene? It was a great tag.
Lot of History on this old tag with all the reroutes.
Old Tag was on Challacombe Rd east of Kemper, IL near Saratoga Rd.
New Tag not too far away.

Attachments

Bike
ST1300
Well this Tag has sat long enough. I did manage to finally verify this on google earth. How did you ever locate this one Gene? It was a great tag.
Lot of History on this old tag with all the reroutes.
Old Tag was on Challacombe Rd east of Kemper, IL near Saratoga Rd.
New Tag not too far away.
Kris, a buddy of mine lives in Greenfield and he turned me on to the location. I thought it was a good tag with lots of history also. And with all of the mileage on the sign I though it would be easier to locate.:)

Last edited:
Bike
2005 Concours
Thanks to the GPS coordinates, I found the old tag. Today, I took picture of New tag.

Now, if I can figure out how to post the pictures, I will have completed my first tag game.

Said it failed to send. ????? What am I doing wrong?

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
I normally have to resize the pictures I take as much as 60% sometimes. Then they load.
Just in case, the Old tag was the Museum. Pics don't always post in order of old & new. Always double check the history of the a previous tag or 2 to double check what your looking for is the right tag.
Thanks to the GPS coordinates, I found the old tag. Today, I took picture of New tag.

Now, if I can figure out how to post the pictures, I will have completed my first tag game.

Said it failed to send. ????? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Bike
2005 Concours
I normally have to resize the pictures I take as much as 60% sometimes. Then they load.
Just in case, the Old tag was the Museum. Pics don't always post in order of old & new. Always double check the history of the a previous tag or 2 to double check what your looking for is the right tag.
Wait just a minute.....you're telling me that I spent most of the day yesterday FOR NOTHING? AND.....I've spent over two hours trying to figure out to resize the WRONG pictures. I finally think I've got it all figured out and it's ALL WRONG. Expletives deleted.....but I said them!!!!!

Well, here they are anyway....Old (L), New (R)

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
The Southern Tag has sat so long I have no objections to your Tag seeing how you made the effort. anyone else?? Do we do mulligans in the TAG Game? Joe! It is a first swing at the 1st TEE!!
Wait just a minute.....you're telling me that I spent most of the day yesterday FOR NOTHING? AND.....I've spent over two hours trying to figure out to resize the WRONG pictures. I finally think I've got it all figured out and it's ALL WRONG. Expletives deleted.....but I said them!!!!!

Well, here they are anyway....Old (L), New (R)

dr1954

Rick
Bike
=6= F800gs
Ok I am invoking the 6 month rule. This tag has sat for almost a year so it is time to move on.

New tag isn't hard to find but you have to cross the Mississippi river to get to this part of Illinois.

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Old Tag in Kaskaskia, IL!!! Quite the adventure today to bring this home. (859 mile day)

New Tag North of Nebo, IL. I had to visit a fellow Rider's Memorial site today. (over due) I placed this cross 2 years ago in Memory of Ray !!!
stop by and remember anyone you all know who has fallen while doing what we all love to do.

Attachments

Top Bottom