NC: Tag

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Well, no pic from FL then, will have to drop tag when I get back...........:slv13::slv13:

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Ozzie,
Just in case you're not familiar with the tag game.
The rules state:
1 - Ride to the current tag and take a pic of your bike at that location.

2 - Ride to a new tag location and take a pic of your bike at that location.

3 - Post both the old -tagged - and new picture to complete the process.

4 - Repeat tags are not allowed during the current calendar year.

5 - You can't move your own tag.

6 - Old photos taken before the current tag should not be used, this is not easily enforceable so please respect all the participants and only post pictures you've taken after the current tag.. This is a riding contest after all, not a photo contest.

#1 & 2 don't necessarily have to be in that order. You can get the pic for the new tag on the way to getting the pic for the old tag. Hope this helps. There is also national tag game in the forum for moving tags between states.

Skip

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Ozzie,
Just in case you're not familiar with the tag game.
The rules state:
1 - Ride to the current tag and take a pic of your bike at that location.

2 - Ride to a new tag location and take a pic of your bike at that location.

3 - Post both the old -tagged - and new picture to complete the process.

4 - Repeat tags are not allowed during the current calendar year.

5 - You can't move your own tag.

6 - Old photos taken before the current tag should not be used, this is not easily enforceable so please respect all the participants and only post pictures you've taken after the current tag.. This is a riding contest after all, not a photo contest.

#1 & 2 don't necessarily have to be in that order. You can get the pic for the new tag on the way to getting the pic for the old tag. Hope this helps. There is also national tag game in the forum for moving tags between states.

Skip
I just wanna play dude! :D I hated being the short fat kid no-one ever picked. Of course, that was before the whole mid teen growth spurt thing. Now I'm taller, older, and, dagnabbit, fat again........

The flag shall be mine, bwahahahahahahahahahaha.........(envision DR Evil wringing hands....)

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Spending a couple days in Asheville, so thought I'd get a tag. Old tag in Bryson City. After locating the new tag, one guess as to where I'm headed, seeing as this is my first visit to your beautiful state.

Bill

the size limitations for JPGs prevents me from posting a sharper picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Steve: All I can see are gray circles with a white rectangle in the middle. (I colored the background so as to eliminate possible confusion that my sample was also a broken image.)

NoImage.JPG

Try again?

I've been eyeing the NC tag as an en-route diversion on my trip to / from Suches next weekend. Didn't expect it wold move once, let alone twice, since I started looking in that direction. It's gonna be a lot harder to find now, until the pix get sorted.

Ride safe.

Last edited:

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Second attempt.
Old tag

New tag on 19w. Lots of water and foot bridges in the area...

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
You'll enjoy the entire length of that road.. after a stop at Bonnie & Clyde's Drive in.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
You'll enjoy the entire length of that road.. after a stop at Bonnie & Clyde's Drive in.
It'll probably be the other way around: I'll enjoy a stop at B&C's after I've enjoyed the entire length of 19W. Thinking I'll be tag-hunting on my homeward-bound route, after running the Dragon. In no sense of the phrase will I be heading straight for the barn...

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Sounds like you're onto something...;)
Ride safe. And yes... the black one is at home and the new to me silver one is out playing this trip!

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Spending a couple days in Asheville, so thought I'd get a tag. Old tag in Bryson City. After locating the new tag, one guess as to where I'm headed, seeing as this is my first visit to your beautiful state.

Bill

the size limitations for JPGs prevents me from posting a sharper picture.
Dangnabbit! I just sat down to upload mine........I'm gonna upload the filling station pic anyway.....great sandwiches.rsz_20160415_143817.jpg

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Old: small country store at the corner of US 19W and Coxes Creek Road. What a great place for a tag- lots of twisties, no traffic, good road...
20160424_123934_ws.jpg

New: not very far from the new VA Western tag I put down on the same day. (Old VA Western was at Grayson Highland State Park; new is a few miles east off US 58).
20160424_163213_ws.jpg

The new tag actually traveled by way of Tennessee but it ended up back in NC where it belongs. I missed a couple of key turns and added about 50 miles (maybe more?) to the day. It was gorgeous and I had no other agenda, so it was GREAT!

It is also, I believe, close to the home of Wayne Henderson. Those who are into acoustic finger-style guitar may recognize the name. He lives in Rugby, VA (I think; at least he issued an album named "Rugby Guitar" some 25-odd years back...) and I passed through that on my way to make the drop.

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
About time this gets moved. Yall know what to
I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, and to see an update to the VA-Western tag along with this (you went right past it to get this one, after all) but alas I've been disappointed. Maybe you're saving it for the spring??? :)

Top Bottom