IL-Northern: Tag

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Chatue.jpg

The previous tag, a missile guarding the entrance to the mostly abandoned Chanute Air Force Base outside Champaign.

Brenton.jpg

The new tag, with Halloween approaching, it seemed appropriate to tag a quaint little cemetery in the middle of nowhere as the ghouls get ready to play.

Greg

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
MM.jpg

The previous creepy cemetery tag, the Massock Mausoleum in the Lithuanian Liberty Cemetery outside Spring Valley. It is supposedly guarded by a hatchet man ghost and always warm to the touch.

AS.jpg

The new tag, also on the creepiest cemetery in IL list.

Greg

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I could never get an in order down loading of pictures in the past. Tried to renumber the pics in the past but no luck.
I always go back and read previous posts as to not make the mistake of going to a wrong tag location.
The reason that I go back to view previous posts is some members will do a tag move as separate posts to get the proper order. Thus 2 posts to show a tag move.
I also had this problem. With a better camera, I have to resize my pictures in order to upload them as attachments. When I do, I also save a copy to the desktop and rename it at that time to keep them straight. Easy to find and upload, and when complete, I just drag the desktop copy to the trash. That procedure has solved it for me.

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Old Tag in Minooka, IL. (Aux Sable Cemetery) NO Trespassing!! Go figure. The road in looked neat with a wooden bridge!

New Tag is creepiest at night!! West of the "H" in the IL A to Z.

Attachments

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Bloody.jpg

The previous haunted cemetery tag, Blood's Point Cemetery southeast of Cherry Valley.

]White.jpg

The new haunted cemetery tag.

Greg

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Great day for a ride, too, if a bit cold to start with. Had to use the 'lectrics to cope with the 36? to start. Patchy fog at first, but cloudless skies. Went past a couple wind farms that were at a standstill. We'll see if someone a little further downstate picks it up.

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
I got scooped!!!!!!
Great day for a ride, too, if a bit cold to start with. Had to use the 'lectrics to cope with the 36? to start. Patchy fog at first, but cloudless skies. Went past a couple wind farms that were at a standstill. We'll see if someone a little further downstate picks it up.

Attachments

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Old tag is the White cemetery, supposedly haunted. Near Barrington.
This one is a ways away. It'll get you out into the country.

Bill
Nicely done, Bill! Good to see you back in the game. Not sure if I can git er this fall, but if Cyclenut doesn't (don't count him out) the spring it will be.

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
Good move Bill! I got what I asked for at the RTE by the Bridge! Good to see you Iowa boys come back!!
Sorry about that. I figured it was such a nice day, it wouldn't be unusual for someone else to be out too. My tag was so far away, I had to start early and work fast.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Beautiful day for a ride. The cortisone shots in the shoulder are working, at least for now, so....

The old tag is the very sturdy, well built Wolf Covered Bridge on hwy 17, ESE of Knoxville.

image.jpeg

The new tag, Mr Will B. Rolling. He has a twin, Ben Bikin', in Sparta, WI.

image.jpeg

John
via iPhone 6

Last edited:

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Nice to see you back in the game, John. Nice move. I'm going to be busy for a while, so might not be able to get it soon. It's be a nice ride for others to come to the area.

bill

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Beautiful day for a ride. The cortisone shots in the shoulder are working, at least for now, so....

The old tag is the very sturdy, well built Wolf Covered Bridge on hwy 17, ESE of Knoxville.

image.jpeg

The new tag, Mr Will B. Rolling. He has a twin, Ben Bikin', in Sparta, WI.

image.jpeg

John
via iPhone 6
Cannot make it out there this week or early next week, family junk, but if I can later next week and Mr. Weather cooperates, I'll let youse guys know and let's meet for lunch. JimSTer, you in?

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
A fantastic 333 mile round trip ride today moving a tag(I thought) only to have my camera crash on me during the return ride home and lose a dozen or so Pictures!!!
What would "FRED Flinstone" do right about now?? I better run down to the Post Office.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
A fantastic 333 mile round trip ride today moving a tag(I thought) only to have my camera crash on me during the return ride home and lose a dozen or so Pictures!!!
What would "FRED Flinstone" do right about now?? I better run down to the Post Office.
The bottom line is that it was a great day to ride! Jealous, I am, but all my chillens and their spouses were here for 4 days. We won't mention the number of beer containers that currently reside in my trash, but it was fun. Still, maybe next week after a quick run to Ohio tomorrow. I am hopeful for at least one more tagggin.

Greg

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #

That's why I often try to post before I get home. I thought about going for it today, but thought someone else might try for it. Little cool but nice sunshine day otherwise.

Top Bottom