Whoohoo another bucket list item down

I've always wanted to do a fly and ride . Friday I fly out of Atlanta to Little Rock and on Saturday pick up my brand new 2016 VFR1200x ! I tried to buy local but none of the dealers around here would come off the MSRP any so I started looking around and the dealership in Arkansas said make an offer so I throw an amount out there and gasp they accepted . A whole $4200 below MSRP! This is gonna be fun .

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice! That bike really catches my eye over some of the other ADV bikes, primarily for the shaft drive. Look forward to your review of it.

A ride report of your ride back would be great too! ;)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Excellent! Congrats on the buy and the ride! I did that with my 2012 ST1300. I rode it 1,115 miles to get it home, after we trucked it the first 200 miles!

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ya Hoo. !! Fly and rides are the best. Just like Christmas morning as a kid. Did mine a couple springs ago....Boise ID then back home..Flew for free on mileage.....

Have fun and nice buy!!!

ToddC

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Cool. I'd love to just see one. My local dealer calls the VFR1200X a pig, and won't even stock one. Have fun on the ride home. Hope it warms up for you.

MattInDenver

Shall Be known as MattInMadison
Bike
2012 ST1300 2006 VFR
How did you pack? Did you have to check luggage? Did the dealer pick you up or did you cab it? Congrats.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I did a 875 mile fly-n-ride from PA to TN when I bought my Wing. I carried a small carry on duffle with riding pants, gloves, and boots. I put my GPS, iPad, and chargers in my helmet inside my helmet bag and wore my Tourmaster jacket. The airline considered the helmet bag the same as a ladies purse and didn't count it as carry on luggage. I guess I looked funny wearing the hi-viz jacket, but at my age, who cares.

Are you headed home through Birmingham or through Nashville?

Ride Safe
John

Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
Congrats on the bike. I just did a fly n ride and had a great time. Flew into Houston, on southwest so had two nice sized duffle bags with gear and my RDL seat. I carried on the hemet. I shipped home the extra seat and duffle bags. Rode back to Portland, Or. via motoport to get some repairs done and measured for new pants,then Clearwater to have the lights I flew down with installed. Oh and a couple of In N Out burger stops.
Look forward to hearing about your trip and new bike.

OP
OP
bayoubear
I have a duffel style bag with built in bungee ties . the ride home is only 500 miles so don't need much . Packed the freeze out under clothes and the frog tog. will carry that and my helmet on the plane . I used sky miles for the flight and hilton points for my room friday night and yes the dealer is picking me up. Thanks

OP
OP
bayoubear
I did a 875 mile fly-n-ride from PA to TN when I bought my Wing. I carried a small carry on duffle with riding pants, gloves, and boots. I put my GPS, iPad, and chargers in my helmet inside my helmet bag and wore my Tourmaster jacket. The airline considered the helmet bag the same as a ladies purse and didn't count it as carry on luggage. I guess I looked funny wearing the hi-viz jacket, but at my age, who cares.

Are you headed home through Birmingham or through Nashville?

Ride Safe
John
actually it looks like I will be coming through memphis and huntsville and through rome , GA . but if the temps are nice and the rain is absent I may extend the ride a little.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My wife gave me a old "flowered" suitecase for my RDL and some of my gear. I also bought a footlocker from Walmart:

Sterilite-Footlocker-Black

Only I bought a Purple one that they were clearing out for $10! :D I didn't care what color it was, for $10, I would have bought Hot Pink! :rofl1:

Between the two bags and my carry on (small duffel with my clothes), I had all the gear and parts to make me comfortable for the ride home.

I installed everything at Justin's house. Worked out great! :hat3:

Top Bottom