Send a message to Honda ?

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Message sent. I only asked for the high end items that aren't on the bike currently: self-cancelling turn signals, heated bars and seat, and accessory power outlets.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
It's been done many times.

Until Honda can prove to itself that selling a thousand or two ST replacements a year is going to be more profitable than selling millions of small-displacement bikes into markets that are buying them like crazy, it ain't gonna happen.

--Mark

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I did send a message.. I bought a Yamaha.

Had they had the VFR1200X here when it was released as the Cross Tourer in Europe I would have gotten one... hard to go away from a V4 once you've had one but ... there ya go...

They brought the Valkyrie back.. and some other Retro bikes... I bet they haven't given up on the ST just yet...

Bike
2008 ST1300
Got this in email from Honda promoting the usual "new" stuff like they have been , I sent back reply of " Where is the new updated replacement for the ST1300 ? " Let's flood them with this question !

Honda_Powersports@emails.honda.com
Thanks for the link. I just sent my email. Hopefully they'll send the reply to Mr. Blue, 'cause I'll be the one holding my breath! :rolleyes::rimshot1::rofl1:

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The only thing I can say is that, at least they produced the ST1300 for as many years that they did, so there are plenty of parts for them. Whereas the V65 (2 years) & V45/VF700 (2/2 years) Sabres were very limited, to the point that it was hard to find anything for them...and still is.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
TourNut said:
Let's flood them with this question !
Shoveling sand against the tide.

Svrdhd said:
They will surely listen, there's dozens of us!
:rofl1:

The V65 Sabre is probably my very favorite Honda followed (LOL) the ST1300.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
The only thing I can say is that, at least they produced the ST1300 for as many years that they did, so there are plenty of parts for them. Whereas the V65 (2 years) & V45/VF700 (2/2 years) Sabres were very limited, to the point that it was hard to find anything for them...and still is.
Dunno about that, my local dealer was looking up some parts for me the other day, something small, I forget what it was, showed as discontinued in their system. I'm sure it was probably updated on another year model, but I was in hurry and didn't have time to dig further. Also, my local honda place is, well, different. "I need some parts for a 2007 ST1300A" "Okay.......ummmmm? is that a Kawasaki?"

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dunno about that, my local dealer was looking up some parts for me the other day, something small, I forget what it was, showed as discontinued in their system. I'm sure it was probably updated on another year model, but I was in hurry and didn't have time to dig further. Also, my local honda place is, well, different. "I need some parts for a 2007 ST1300A" "Okay.......ummmmm? is that a Kawasaki?"
Did they have a V45 or V65 Sabre fairing or saddlebags? :rofl1:

And yes, many Honda Stealerships never saw a ST1300, but ebay has plenty of parts! :D

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Did they have a V45 or V65 Sabre fairing or saddlebags? :rofl1:

And yes, many Honda Stealerships never saw a ST1300, but ebay has plenty of parts! :D
I think mine are the only ST1100 or ST1300's they have ever seen. I rarely purchase stuff from them because there are other dealers within an hour that have better pricing, and I could always use the ride.....occasionaly I will replenish my Honda Polish or Honda Bond using them.
I'm just surprised that no-one has ever come up with a kit for fairings on the '13 that has the correct fasteners, rivets and bolts etc, in a complete kit, stainless fasteners would be good, I'd even settle for JIS heads instead of hex. I need to talk to my buddy in asia......

Nope, no V65 or V45 fairing or bags. If I ever found them, I'd buy them myself and make a killing on Ebay.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think mine are the only ST1100 or ST1300's they have ever seen. I rarely purchase stuff from them because there are other dealers within an hour that have better pricing, and I could always use the ride.....occasionaly I will replenish my Honda Polish or Honda Bond using them.
I'm just surprised that no-one has ever come up with a kit for fairings on the '13 that has the correct fasteners, rivets and bolts etc, in a complete kit, stainless fasteners would be good, I'd even settle for JIS heads instead of hex. I need to talk to my buddy in asia......

Nope, no V65 or V45 fairing or bags. If I ever found them, I'd buy them myself and make a killing on Ebay.
I probably have most of the "fasteners" (besides the plastic rivets) in my parts bins...;)

I think I bought the last NOS V65 Sabre Fairing (Blue Stripe) on ebay (I haven't seen any others) back in 2004. Of course, I sold that back in 2006 or 2007, since I was getting rid of my V45 & V65 Sabres, replacing them with my ST1300s. But at the time I didn't know I would be collecting ST1300s...just thought I would have one. LOL

OP
OP
TourNut
Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Me too - message sent. Stubborn arrogant buggers probably won't listen though.

Pete
Kind of blows your mind doesn't it , they sell all these V-Twins , NM4 Vultus & a bunch of other stuff I wouldn't ever want , when the ST -type MCs can exist instead , & the technology is there to make them .

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Kind of blows your mind doesn't it , they sell all these V-Twins , NM4 Vultus & a bunch of other stuff I wouldn't ever want , when the ST -type MCs can exist instead , & the technology is there to make them .
Yup - agreed. As I've mentioned before, I work with the auto industry in Detroit and these folks are pretty canny about business decisions. When they do - or do not - build something, there is almost always a good reason and it is invariably based on data and money.

Occasionally, however, they do get it waaaay wrong and that is usually a result of plain old ego on the part of some executive. Recent examples of that phenomenon include: the early GM Oldsmobile diesels and Cadillac 4-6-8 engines, the early Ford Windstar van built without a sliding door on the left side, the Honda Del Sol and of course, the granddaddy of all boo-boo cars....the Pontiac Aztec. In bikes, you may recall turkeys such as the Suzuki RE5 Wankel, the Yamaha TX750 (mid-70s), and some of the hideous cruiser bikes of the 80s. Granted, some of those machine were technically really cool and others sold quite well, but in the main, they weren't nice to ride, nor were they pretty, or they cost their manufacturers huge sums of money which was never recovered.

Overall, I would expect that decision making in the motorcycle industry is pretty much the same as in automotive - except that I see Honda with bewildering array of models - few of which interest riders like me in the least. I sense that the firm has somehow lost its ability, or desire, to listen to the market. It is remarkable that Yamaha, BMW and Kawasaki continue, year after year, to each make a good living selling FJRs, K-bikes and Concours 14s and yet Honda has no offering to compete in that market segment.

With their size and engineering and marketing muscle, they could undersell at least one or two of the above and knock them out of this segment. Combined with the Gold Wing, which is a great machine but really in a different part of the large bike market, Big Red could dominate - but they don't. Over the last 40+ years, the Gold Wing has competed with, and dispatched similar offerings from each of the others (Yamaha Venture, Suzuki Madura, Kawasaki KZ1300 Brontosaurus) - and it now, to a good extent, owns the non-Harley big tourer market - at least in North America.
Very odd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom