antifreeze leak on 2006 st1300

To all Riders,
Had a antifreeze leak on my st1300.
Please do not ignore, noticed during general maintenance, water pump went bad.
had to take it in for this service to replace. Hawkeye Motorworks in Davenport Ia.
$350.00 for job (not bad).. Stealthrider06

Attachments

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
The picture shows to me the leak came from above the waterpump. Replacing the thermostat housing O-ring and snugging the various hose clamps on and around the T-stat housing might have the correct course of action.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Also take a look at the hoses and clamps in the top of the engine in the "V" area, some say to tighten the hose clamps and others have replaced them with better clamps. I also replaced my hoses and clamps as the hoses were weeping through to the outside. I think you will still need to look further for the leak.

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Also take a look at the hoses and clamps in the top of the engine in the "V" area, some say to tighten the hose clamps and others have replaced them with better clamps. I also replaced my hoses and clamps as the hoses were weeping through to the outside. I think you will still need to look further for the leak.
Likely stealership tightened hose and did pump for the money. [emoji19]

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I will have to agree with Dave.David on this one. The photo's show typical loose clamp leaks that are common on the ST1300's. You may have been told the hoses were bad, when all that was really needed was to snug up the clamps and clean things up a bit.
The water pump was probably replaced so the dealership could generate service work and bill Honda.
I see your new to the forum, welcome. You may want to take some time and search through the articles and known issues before taking your bike to the dealership. You could probably service most of these issues yourself and save some money.

Top Bottom