Tire balancer/sealer

Rodneypieon

Rodney
Bike
2004 ST1300A
I have. Never had a puncture but when I had a worn tire swapped out I was in the tech room and the fluid had evenly coated the inside of the tire just like advertised. I put he fluid in myself and it acted just like the instructions said with a bit of wobbling till the fluid spread itself out.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I know nothing about this product, but I'm sure it would save a couple of headaches if it does as promised.

Many years ago I used a product called Balance-Plus. Same concept, except the balance plus took a really long time to "coat" the tire and if you wore the tire out before the goop became solid, your tire changing guy would have a few choice words for you! Oops...;)

Rodneypieon

Rodney
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Forgot, the cold in the winter never bothered it as my bike gets stored for about 4 months in a non heated shed. Fluid never moved.

OP
OP
Art Franz
Bike
05 ST1300
Good to hear these positive feedbacks. I've rarely (hope I don't jinx myself) had issues with flat tires (never since tubeless tires) but my time could come one day and if reduces the chance of that then it'll be worth it. I do my own tire changes and haven't been able to balance successfully, including using the balance beads. Thought I'd give this a try.

Bike
2010 ST1300
The PO of my bike put some kind of goop in the rear tire. When I had the tire changed at my local shop, they quoted me a price, pulled the old tire and were faced with a goopy mess inside. They charged me an additional $20 or $25 to clean the wheel before they could mount the new tire.

Bike
92 ST1100
Anybody used this? http://www.ride-on.com

Seems like a product that addresses a few of the issues that any tire owner faces - - if it works as advertised.
It does work as advertised. Watched it demonstrated at a local dealership a few yrs. back. Demo was a long board filled the length with nails. Motorcycle was run the full length and psi was checked afterwards. Air loss on both front and rear was only 2psi having several puncture wounds in tires. Majority of bike shops who mount and balance tires recommend it instead of wheal weights. I've had it in both front and rear now for some 3yrs. Balancing is superb! No puncture test as of yet. If doing yourself, remove valve stem, squeeze in 4oz. into each mounted tire, replace valve stem and air tire back up and go ride. At tire change time, dismount tire and just wipe out inside of tire with rag......only takes one wipe around inside of tire.

Last edited:
The local bike shop that mounted my tires use it and I had them place it in my new Pirelli GTs. Adds a bit some peace of mind should a puncture occur. Never had any wobble as others mention. I am :plus1: Ride long and safe.

Byron

STOC #
When I tried it I didn't have any issues. No punctures so no experience there. After about 8K miles I was curious what it would look like when I changed the tire. Nothing on the rim just a coating on the inside the tire in the tread area. Didn't really cause a mess during the change, I always clean my rims during a change anyway. I've still got a few bottles left just haven't felt the need to use it.

2005RedRider

Still ridin'
Bike
2014 Harley FLHTCU
It does work as advertised. Watched it demonstrated at a local dealership a few yrs. back. Demo was a long board filled the length with nails. Motorcycle was run the full length and psi was checked afterwards. Air loss on both front and rear was only 2psi having several puncture wounds in tires. Majority of bike shops who mount and balance tires recommend it instead of wheal weights. I've had it in both front and rear now for some 3yrs. Balancing is superb! No puncture test as of yet. If doing yourself, remove valve stem, squeeze in 4oz. into each mounted tire, replace valve stem and air tire back up and go ride. At tire change time, dismount tire and just wipe out inside of tire with rag......only takes one wipe around inside of tire.
I agree completely, except don't remove the valve stem, just remove the valve core and squeeze the amount stated on the bottle (based upon the tire size), then re-install the valve core. Anyway, just follow the instructions on the bottle and you will be fine.

Dale :D

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
Looks like a promising alternative to balancing, I have used the balance beads which did work but of course when I dismount you always get them all over the floor of your garage. Will you be using a larger amount for the darkside rear you are running??? Have you found a local distributor or order online??

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I have used it and didn't have any punctures. Not sure I would have had any without it either.
A friend had it in his tires and it did not stop a small puncture from leaking all the air. We were glad I had my puncture kit along as we were in the middle of nowhere AZ.

I would not leave my puncture kit at home even if I had Ride-on in the tires. The other thing about it is the cost, although if it prevents a flat, I guess that may be mute.

Top Bottom