Clutch problem

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks Igofar,, I'll get on it ASAP! Sad part is it has been sitting all winter in it. Of course the one time I actually do a proper winter prep and change the oil without waiting for Spring, duh!!

Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
I agree with Mark. Just had the exacto issue a few days ago. No clutch pressure. Let warm up and began to operate but was still not much resistance. bled the system to replace fluid and found some contaminated fluid in master cylinder. You can actually see a film rise out of inlet hole in cylinder. flushed the fluid and kept sucking out film(gel like) as it rose to master cylinder. This did work. there was no air just needed flushed.

OP
OP
Bill144
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Did as you good people suggested and the STeed is up and running.
Did notice a little dirt in the oil. Black specks; but all is good

Thanks

Bike
2006 ST1300
I had a problem with play in my Clutch handle. The problem was the push rod in the master had worn through the handle. But now with a new handle in place the clutch engages at the last inch of travel. Any ideas on how to adjust this?
Dave

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I had a problem with play in my Clutch handle. The problem was the push rod in the master had worn through the handle. But now with a new handle in place the clutch engages at the last inch of travel. Any ideas on how to adjust this?
Dave
Sounds like when you put the new lever on, that you didn't insert the push rod into the brass bushing correctly. Take it apart and make sure all the pieces are correctly assembled.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
A quick update folks. Bled the clutch yesterday which brought the pressure back and it works fine. Then drained all the devilish RC synthetic oil and replaced with a non-RC oil and took her for her first ride of the season. All is working well. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom