Clocks keep resetting

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I had suspected from reading these posts that your problem was somewhere in the bike's wiring, not the battery as many suggested as you stated in your original post that the battery had been replaced, also that the clock would reset when turning the ignition on.

I don't recall for certain, but think that the times I've had the clock, FCD and trip meters reset as the result of a weak battery, that happened when I hit the starter button, not from turning the ignition on. I may stand corrected on that point however, since there are days that I have to look at my DL to see who I am,,,,

Bike
2003 ST1300
SORTED!!!

I knew roughly where to look, thanks to your thoughts. Turns out, it was one of the wires into the big white block- the actual wire, not the terminal. Opening up the loom revealed a 'low quality repair', which displayed frayed wires held together with spit & a prayer. The whole loom is a bit crappy really. Think I might do a loom overhaul... story for another day...

Anyway, soldered it up and everything's fine-ish again.

Thank you all ever so much. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you to all my biker brothers
Glad it helped. One of those "maybe I should mention this" moments. :) Next time I'm in there I'll take a closer look as well. Do you remember which colour wire it was?

Bernie

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
This situation was a good example of me not paying close attention to the original complaint or subsequent posts from the OP. I jumped right on the dying battery thing. Wrongo.

I should have at least suspected a wiring or ground issue as I've had a couple that were caused by that 24 pin connector or wires leading to it.

OP
OP
Glad it helped. One of those "maybe I should mention this" moments. :) Next time I'm in there I'll take a closer look as well. Do you remember which colour wire it was?

Bernie
Was in a corner- black with red tracer, or the other way round. Can't remember now. Also did the one opposite, as it didn't look too good.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Maybe I'll make an addition to my sig:

It also might be a problem in the wiring.

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Did the switchback mod 'tother day. Noticed that the clock and trip had reset. Now, it keeps doing it whenever I turn the ignition off and on again. I pulled the turn signal relay out to change it. I tried the old one again, in case it was the new one. I've checked the 2 fuse boxes by the centre stand handle. I've checked the wires to them and all of the relays in that area. I've tried a replacement battery.

I'm stumped!!!
I have the same issue with mine. It has been like that as long as I have had it. I have had mine for 3 years. I haven't tried pulling the tupperware to check the connections.

OP
OP
I have the same issue with mine. It has been like that as long as I have had it. I have had mine for 3 years. I haven't tried pulling the tupperware to check the connections.
99% sure your problem will be found by following the information given in this thread.

Top Bottom