Can this pass as being a Baby Brother to the ST1300

for getting back actively on this site. Have not been on the site for a considerable time as
I was on a 97 Goldwing 1500SE. Now I have downsized from the big comfy couch.

The Goldwing has been replaced by another Honda *
​Mailed a payment off yesterday.* The dealer will be sending the bill of sale in the
​mail so I can register the bike.* He will keep it at the shop until I can get over to
pick it up.
​Purchased a 2010 Honda CBF600sa black, with only 1050 kms. on the odometer complete with hard luggage.
* They are ​throwing in a throttle lock, setup for battery tender and I only pay the amount over $100 on a
​bike cover.*
​Gone from shaft drive to chain drive.* New experience for me.
​They say to pictures, it ain't true.* So lets have a drum roll.
​Here is proof.

Pictures are the best as I used my cell phone. I dropped my camera on the last trip I took and it did not survive a a close encounter with a concrete sidewalk. Have to replace it some day soon.

Requesting permission from the STers to play in your sandbox once again.

Looking forward to trying this Midnight Black Beauty on the camping scene.

Thanks for looking gentleman and ladies.

John aka PaPa John

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Welcome! That CBF is sweet and close enough for Govt. work.

I will say though I'm happier going from chain drive to shaft drive and would be very reluctant to go back.

Still that's a sweet ride you got!

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Looks like a really nice ride PaPa - but I don't think that you are in Saskatchewan....that hill in the background is too high and steep. :D

Anyhow - welcome back to ST Owners from Canada's sunny southern coast in Windsor, ON.

Pete

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I like it, but I would probably have to have something with color, rather than black. Sorry that's just me, I know how hard it is to keep black looking good. Looks like you will need to get a stand to raise the bike for maintenance, etc, unless a center stand can be installed on it.

OP
OP
Welcome! That CBF is sweet and close enough for Govt. work.

I will say though I'm happier going from chain drive to shaft drive and would be very reluctant to go back.

Still that's a sweet ride you got!
I was looking at another shaft drive and considering going back to the ST1100/1300, but I thought a lighter machine would be nice. Couldn't really find much
in my price range. I had been looking at the CBF before when I had the wing.

Got a price of $6993 OTD. That includes both taxes up here.

I have a small dealer where I will get my work done and he helped me out in looking at this model. Chain drive should be no biggie. There are trade offs no matter
what you ride.

John

OP
OP
Looks like a really nice ride PaPa - but I don't think that you are in Saskatchewan....that hill in the background is too high and steep. :D

Anyhow - welcome back to ST Owners from Canada's sunny southern coast in Windsor, ON.

Pete

My home town is Niagara Falls On. Left there a long time ago. What hill that was a cloud? :)

John

OP
OP
I like it, but I would probably have to have something with color, rather than black. Sorry that's just me, I know how hard it is to keep black looking good. Looks like you will need to get a stand to raise the bike for maintenance, etc, unless a center stand can be installed on it.
Black will look good with my white helmet and hi viz jacket. This black has freckles (speckles) that makes it look different from angles when the sun hits it.

Bike comes with a centre stand as standard equipment and ABS is standard.

I know black is a little hard to keep shiny but that was a trade off.

Isn't black the speediest one out there.

John

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Hey, John, it's probably an advantage to ride a black bike wearing a white helmet. Some of those BDC's on the road may mistake you for a LEO!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
PaPa John said:
There are trade offs no matter what you ride.
No argument here. But if Honda brought back the 650 Nighthawk I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Since that's not going to happen there's this:

But talk about compromises...

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
No argument here. But if Honda brought back the 650 Nighthawk I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. Since that's not going to happen there's this:

http://www.motoguzzi.com/mediaObject/motoguzzi-sites/MASTER/bikes/v7-III/v7-III-Stone/colors/2017/v7-III-Stone_giallo_energico/original/v7-III-Stone_giallo_energico.jpg[/IMG
But talk about compromises...[/QUOTE]

Now THAT is one good lookin' naked Italian....

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
As some one who really really liked my VFR 800, good on you for finding a bike you enjoy and can ride...chains are kind of a non maitenance kind of ting now, 20.000 plus miles with no issues...enjoy the ride...good looking scooter......ff

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
I'll agree that it's a nice looking bike, and that the fact that it's got a chain shouldn't be a concern.
I bought my son's VFR in CA, and rode it back to MA. Somewhere around Nashville, TN. I remembered that I had a chain. No problem, although I won't go that long without lubing it again.
I like the luggage that's been added. I'll probably go for some hard bags for the VFR this year. As I type this, I'm looking for a way to schlep my rain gear and lunch to work tomorrow.

Enjoy,
Steve :04biker:

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
My wife had the CBF 1000, red and with the Honda bags. I loved it! She not so much.....she turned it in on a CTX 700. I still kick myself. Should have kept it for me as a second bike to the ST. Yours looks sharp. It gets a good name in some of the reviews I have read. Best of luck with it!

Bike
VStrom 650
Nice looking CBF600 matey.
I had the CBF1000 from 2008 to 2011, lovely bike. Mine had the three piece luggage too and was in the candy gold.
I wouldn't worry about the chain, I did on longer journeys but there was no need. Did 3500 miles to Tuscany and back and it was as tight when I got back as when I left. Comfy for two up to. Just carry one of them small cans of dry lube just in case it rains etc.
If I hadn't have sold it I would have stiffened up the front suspension and changed the rear shock, they were just a little lightweight for two up touring. Honda got it right with this 600/1000.
Oh, consider a side stand foot enlargement, it gets a little wobbly when loaded.
Upt'North.

STOC #
Welcome PaPa John!! There are many ways to go sport touring, your new ride is just a fine example. Don't worry about chain drive, I loved my chain drive bikes. I would clean and lube the chain after every long ride. They would last 30K plus with no appreciable wear on the chain or gears. I almost looked forward to doing the maintenance and spending time with the bikes. (I know, it sounds weird :)

The bike may grab those strong prairie winds but I am sure you are used to it by now. Enjoy your new ride...

OP
OP
So.....how's it going with that snazzy new CBF600 John?

Pete
Just sent payment off last Friday. Waiting for the Dealer to send the bill of sale so I can register the bike. Won't be able to pick it up of a while. He is going to keep it there for me until
I can get over. The weather here is taking a turning cool, they say some below normal tempts. Also predicting rain. Doesn't look like a warming trend until into next week. Oh well I
can do what we all do during the winter when the rides are hibernating - dream -.:cool:

First thing I am going have to do is find a good location for a 12 v accessory that will be easy to get to for plugging in a nuvi gps. MC gps's are getting awful expensive.

I name for the colour is Pearl Nightstar Black.

John

Top Bottom