Starting default...!

Bike
Honda ST1300Abs 2006
Hello to you all, I need your expertise: on my Honda st1100 I change the battery but when I try to leave my motorcycle no sound except tic tic when I press the start button. When I play with the red button on and off the bike starts ... what can I do ...? thank you

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
It sounds like the contacts in your kill switch need to be cleaned. Take the switch apart and clean the contacts with a good quality plastic approved contact cleaner and or a pencil eraser and then lubricate the moving parts.

Bike
VStrom 650
If it's the kill switch, then +1 with Andrew, clean the contacts by taking the switch apart then check to see if it's cured.
I haven't had that switch off but if it's like the L/H switch don't forget to locate the pin in the handlebar before tightening.
If the switch is faulty I believe they are still available.
Upt'North.

Bike
1997 ST1100
You might also check the starter relay under the left side cover. There is a known problem with a weak crimped connector in this plug that overheats and can melt the contacts. it is to the left of the battery and is the red connector in the attached pic. If this connector is fried, the starter circuit may not work correctly and you could get the tic-tic-tic sound. Starter_Relay2.jpg

Top Bottom