Coolant leak.

OP
OP
Can you get a small punch or chisel in through the gap and give a gentle nudge. They shouldn't be too tight. Just give it a tap anti clock if you can get in, it might just go. GENTLE THOUGH....
UPT'NORTH.
Yeah mate will give that a try as well. Fingers crossed lol

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Have hit a snag. Internal 6 screws that hold on airbox. One of them was slightly chewed. Not my doing lol. Tried with correct screwdriver to no avail. Other 5 came out no issues.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, get a JIS screwdriver, should be no problem on that side of the water(I bought my first one in the US, specially ordered from Japan, years ago, RIP). That being said, a small dollop of valve grinding compound on the end of the screw driver, couple of taps with a hammer, and it should pop right out(sidenote: Grease based valve compound also works great on lug nuts and bolts that have been overtightened and don't want to thread back in/on) That little trick has saved my bacon more than once over the years.

OP
OP
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, get a JIS screwdriver, should be no problem on that side of the water(I bought my first one in the US, specially ordered from Japan, years ago, RIP). That being said, a small dollop of valve grinding compound on the end of the screw driver, couple of taps with a hammer, and it should pop right out(sidenote: Grease based valve compound also works great on lug nuts and bolts that have been overtightened and don't want to thread back in/on) That little trick has saved my bacon more than once over the years.
Cheers Ozzie.
Have you seen the rubber band trick on YouTube for removing rounded screws? Don't know whether to believe it or not lol. It's nuts.

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
Chances are good a $15 Vessel JIS driver from Amazon will remove that screw. The Vessel 220W has #1, #2 (your bread and butter bit for this bike) and the #3, and a nice slotted tip. I'd bet money it takes that screw out. Alternately, a center punch on the edge may help get it going though I know there's not much room down there! You can remove the plastic in the way if needed, as it's only there to keep the screw from falling out of the lower air box when moved.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chances are good a $15 Vessel JIS driver from Amazon will remove that screw. The Vessel 220W has #1, #2 (your bread and butter bit for this bike) and the #3, and a nice slotted tip. I'd bet money it takes that screw out. Alternately, a center punch on the edge may help get it going though I know there's not much room down there! You can remove the plastic in the way if needed, as it's only there to keep the screw from falling out of the lower air box when moved.
Cheers mate. I will order those screwdrivers as well.

Many thanks [emoji4]

OP
OP
Think it is the overflow pipe. Can see the area where it goes in from thermostat. Fan is blowing and coolant specks going to side of engine. Seems as it warms up hose weeping or dripping or something. Radiator is full etc and other checks ok.

Cheers

Top Bottom