Tip over.. while stopped in the garage

Bike
2005 ST1300
Weather turning nice and happening to do some forums reading and never noticed this topic so I guess I have to tell my story. As boring as it is.
Happened when I was working on the bike when I first got it 4 years ago. Was on the side stand and moving it around the garage while sitting on it. Just shorts and T-shirt of course.
Shuffled the bike back and forth and was setting it back on the side stand which was no longer down as I must have kicked it back up a bit when moving it.
Leaned it over to put on the side stand and it just kept going. Bike fell over and I skidded across the floor.
I scuffed my knee and the bike scuffed the mirror cover. Had to call my son outside to help me pick it back up.
100% my fault. Always check that the stand is actually down. Never assume.

Got to slightly prank my wife and say, "I fell off the bike today." She freaks a little asking where and how. I say. "In the garage. I fell over, literally."

Bike
2006 ST
I did the same thing at a gas pump a few years back and also had to have a patron help me lift the bike. Fortunately, no damage as I had engine and bag guards installed.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear you couldn't keep it up! :eek:4:

Yeah, keeping these beasties up when they want to lay down is hard at best! I've come close to dropping my ST1300s a few times, but so far so good on the saves....some day I'll probably join the tipover club! ;)

Last edited:

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
BTDT. It's so easy to assume the kick stand is down in a situation like this. My brother in law did the same thing with his Wing.

John

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Almost BTDT about a hundred times! Scares me every time. ;)

Top Bottom