Diagnosing Windshield issue

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
MidLife, what blrfl said.
Check this thread in particular post 2.
https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?109334-Windshield-motor-cross-wired
Anna'sDad's schematic was great help figuring out my 03 aftermarket windshield kit wiring. There was no juice coming from the switch to the Down relay.

Turns out that last time my friendly neighborhood dealer installed the left fairing back, they never did bother to place the big harness connector back in the special bracket it belongs to on the inside of the fairing. A connection on the wire going to the down limit switch was pinched between the large unsecured harness connector and the frame and had worked itself loose, which also explains why the problem was intermittent.

Thanks a lot for the help.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Anna'sDad's schematic was great help figuring out my 03 aftermarket windshield kit wiring. There was no juice coming from the switch to the Down relay.

Turns out that last time my friendly neighborhood dealer installed the left fairing back, they never did bother to place the big harness connector back in the special bracket it belongs to on the inside of the fairing. A connection on the wire going to the down limit switch was pinched between the large unsecured harness connector and the frame and had worked itself loose, which also explains why the problem was intermittent.

Thanks a lot for the help.
I find that the Stealers will NEVER reconnect aftermarket plugs/connectors back up! After having them replace my windshield mechanism (under warranty) they didn't connect a "FARKLE" ground. I had no headlights, nor horn! Thanks guys! :mad:

Top Bottom