Heated Grip Replacement

Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Been researching posts on here for hours, but can't find anything similar to my situation-

Have the original Honda heated grip acc on my 08, but it stopped working and I found an intermittent high resistance on the throttle side grip.
(wiggling the exposed wire didn't help, pretty sure it's internal to the grip since squeezing and rotating changes the resistance)
The controller seems fine, and I would like to keep it to save installation time/$ if possible.

Was looking at Symtec heaters with the BMW grips as many have used, but it ends up you can get Oxford heated replacement grips (no controller) for $20 each which is cheaper than the former options and a bit easier to install.

Does anyone use Oxfords with the Honda Controller? Assume these would now be wired in parallel.
Which style fits the ST1300 OEM length the best (sport, touring, adv)?
Also, I have the SENA handlebar remote and was wondering if the Oxford's Clutch side wire exit location makes it sit even further from the controls?

TIA!

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300
Can't help with the tech side but the adventure grips are the right size. Hope that helps

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I have a set of Oxfords bought to put on the ST but sold the bike before doing so. Read many good things on here about them. Also bought the Kaoko throttle lock which was to go with them.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I put Oxfords on my 1300 because the stock ones...well flatulence was warmer. anyways with the controller they are very warm and never need to crank them to 100%. I love the grip style and heat. The controller is great as a good 5 settings, low battery and inactivity battery saver, and fit well on the left mount even with a RAM mount for the cup etc. Recommended forsure!

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Been researching posts on here for hours, but can't find anything similar to my situation-
Did you see this thread in the FAQ's?

Does anyone use Oxfords with the Honda Controller? Assume these would now be wired in parallel.
I don't have any information re Oxford heated grips.

The Honda heated grips controller is expecting a combined resistance of the grip heating elements of approximately 4.5 Ohms (calculated from a working set of Honda grips (2.25 Ohms per grip)). The second link from the thread mentioned above may be of interest in determining the type of circuit needed to interface the Oxford grips with the Honda controller.

OP
OP
playfair
Bike
2008 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the feedback! Ordered the Adventure grips from Oxford (very pleasant to deal with over the phone!) as they are the only ones as long as the OEM. Also got the Oximiser 900 charger/maintainer on closeout for $35.

Bike
05 ST1300 Burgundy
STOC #
I have a set of Oxfords bought to put on the ST but sold the bike before doing so. Read many good things on here about them. Also bought the Kaoko throttle lock which was to go with them.
Do still have the grips and throttle lock and want to sell?

Bike
05 ST 1300 A
STOC #
Bar End Weights Removal ?? ST 1300 A 06 red

I'm wanting to replace the mickey mouse velcroed wrap around grip heaters with Oxford ones....but can't seem to remove the bar end weights. The internal expanders just spin when the stud is turned and I can't pull them out .. What's the trick anyway ?

Top Bottom