ST1100 HeliBars, Windshields, and MCL Peg Lowerers

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Hi,

My 1991 got HeliBars a couple of years ago after seeing them at Daytona Bike Week. I had a 2 inch riser on the stock bars, but it still caused me to be leaning forward, and with 3 fused vertebrae in my neck, that makes a difference. The bars installed without any great difficulty except the extensions on the clutch and front brake hoses, which was a good bit more hose than needed. Now, I can sit more upright, which is most comfortable for me.

I have 3 windshields, but for the past 2 years, Cee Bailey has stayed on the bike. I did add a Laminar Lip up at the top, and it practically eliminated the wind buffeting against my helmet, making things much quieter. The lip enabled the wind stream to go over my helmet. Without it, I would have to crouch to find quiet. I might switch to a shorter one for better air for keeping cool. The above combo makes for a 4 season bike in Virginia.

The peg Lowerers are great, one of the first farkles I added to the bike. I found some on the classifieds here, and being 6 foot 2, makes much less hard on the legs and knees. I wish I could do the same with my PC800, but that bike has these weird footpegs.

I have 2 other bikes, but the ST1100 is my go to bike. I have a minor oil leak around the alternator, but am hoping the High mileage oil might help swell the O ring to slow it. It would have to get much worse before I attempt replacing it.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I used Lucas stop leak on my 2001 Ford Excursion V-10 that had some seeping valve guides. It fixed it right up. From what I have been able to gather from reading reviews, if there is a break in the gasket it won't work, but if the gasket is physically intact, it will.

Top Bottom