New V-Strom 650 to replace ST1100

Bike
Vstrom 650
I average between 60 and 65mpg on the 650 vstrom and I don't hang about on her, ST1100 I never got more than 45mpg.
650 is perfect for most roads in Ireland. bit underpowered for motorways but who wants to ride on motorways anyway!!

Bike
Vstrom 650
I’ve got a 2007 650 V-storm. While I don’t track fuel with the particularly that RedMotion does, I can say at 70 mph+ it gets much worse fuel mileage than my 08 ST1300. If I ride it at 80 mph I get something like 33 mpg.

Maybe the newer ones get better mileage.
Even fully loaded and I myself would be 250 lbs kitted out I still get near 60 mpg on the vstrom running at around 70-80 mph plus on private roads of course, there's something not right with your bike if that's all the mpg you are getting.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Well, after lots of thought and a cold March ride on the Lost Dutchman's V-Strom, I bought one.
Picked up a leftover 2016 on April,1 and have become a regular stop for Fedex ever since!
Happy Trails, Adventure Tech and Tour and Ride have kept me busy with the blue threadlock...
Nice bike! Congratulations!! You can't have too much blue thread lock.

T.G. Lewis

TG Lewis
Bike
02 ST1100abs
Congrats on the new Wee. Has it had the recall work done, for replacing the stator? I'm still waiting on the dealer to get in enough stators, so I can get mine replaced on the 2013 Wee that I bought last Fall. Mine hasn't failed, but I don't want to take any long trips before it's fixed.

Ride Safe
John
Suzuki is STILL having problems with their stators? My best friend had a GT380 back in '75 that had a stator go at only 5k--and just outside the 6 month warranty!! Gorgeous bike, though. Keep us updated on how it does for you. I think I've got one in my future at some point, for my return trip to Alaska.

Last edited:
Top Bottom